SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Patrick James Eggle Macon carved top

What's Hot
SquareheadedfreakSquareheadedfreak Frets: 393
edited February 2022 in Guitars £
Looking for a Macon full fat Single cut, to go with my ‘96 and OZ T!

I’ve seen a few lovely Macon's recently on here but keep missing out!

I’m in Midlands but travel alot for work.

Ideal:

Carved flamed or quilted top
Roasted flamed neck
Rosewood or ebony board
Ideally P90 & hum bucker but not too precious on that
Aged nitro would be a bonus

- Matt

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sent you a pm about my Macon DC. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 865
    I absolutely love my Oz T - the neck is amazing, tonally it's superb, and blimey it's a looker, but... there's something about the geometry of a Tele that just doesn't quite sit right with me. As such, I have toyed with the idea of selling, although would not be an easy decision. But feel free to get in touch to talk...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMatt said:
    I absolutely love my Oz T - the neck is amazing, tonally it's superb, and blimey it's a looker, but... there's something about the geometry of a Tele that just doesn't quite sit right with me. As such, I have toyed with the idea of selling, although would not be an easy decision. But feel free to get in touch to talk...

She’s stunning, we’ve chatted a few times before on the Patrick Eggle forum! Really doubt you’d struggle to sell her on with that top!

But i’m mainly looking for single coils, I’ve got a crimson guitars offset tele with hum-buckers so that styles covered.

Really aiming to get my guitars down to 4-5 British made that cover all/most bases

Strat (PJE 96) HSS
    Tele PJE SS
    Macon P90/H
    Crimson offset HH
    Something with f holes

But i’m mainly looking for single coils, I’ve got a crimson guitars offset tele with hum-buckers so that styles covered.

Well that spares me the dilemma - phew!

I like your thinking about the streamlined collection, I'm the same with my Ninety-Six, Oz and Macon. Just the geometry of the Oz that makes me consider a slight change.
  • RevMatt said:

Well that spares me the dilemma - phew!

I like your thinking about the streamlined collection, I'm the same with my Ninety-Six, Oz and Macon. Just the geometry of the Oz that makes me consider a slight change.

Yeah I buy and sell alot but want to get down to just a couple of great guitars.

I’ve had a load of teles over last few years but one thing i’ve come to realise is I only love the ones with old fashioned brass bridges and single coils for that spanky twang.

Theres a great butterscotch on reverb but i’m balking at their £2600 2nd hand price atm as know they will of picked it up for 1600-1800
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 413
    RevMatt said:
    I was the original owner of this one from new and it's a cracking guitar. I only traded it to get a RW board Oz as I prefer that over the maple.
  • Collings said:
    RevMatt said:
    I was the original owner of this one from new and it's a cracking guitar. I only traded it to get a RW board Oz as I prefer that over the maple.

If you don't mind me asking, what trade price did they give you? I’ve offered them £2200 as for their £2600 asking price I might aswell just pay the £2800 direct to PJE for new. I bought my 96 off them (sound affects) for £1900 last year when they advertised it at £2400 so hoping they still do deals!
  • @Squareheadedfreak Good luck with getting a new one - I believe build times are slooooow right now. @chris78 might have more insight into it. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • @Squareheadedfreak Good luck with getting a new one - I believe build times are slooooow right now. @chris78 might have more insight into it. 
    Yeah think they’re about 8 months or so! I don’t mind waits though, I always have a few things on long pre orders and a nice surprise when they’re ready
    Sounds Affects always used flex a bit on price so I'd hope there's a bit of room to haggle, although maybe not to the tune of £400.

Are they only £2800 direct? I thought they started at about £3k but I've not checked the latest pricing.
  • RevMatt said:
    Sounds Affects always used flex a bit on price so I'd hope there's a bit of room to haggle, although maybe not to the tune of £400.

Are they only £2800 direct? I thought they started at about £3k but I've not checked the latest pricing.

Yeah £2800 currently with alot of free choices, however i’d probably splurge on a mastergrade neck if I was going to take the jump and one piece swamp ash
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 413
    Collings said:
    RevMatt said:

If you don't mind me asking, what trade price did they give you? I’ve offered them £2200 as for their £2600 asking price I might aswell just pay the £2800 direct to PJE for new. I bought my 96 off them (sound affects) for £1900 last year when they advertised it at £2400 so hoping they still do deals!
    I don't mind you asking at all but it was a bit of a complicated deal as I actually traded the one they have list for sale now and another guitar against a new 96 and a new Oz with the RW fingerboard.

I'm pretty sure I got about +2K trade in value.

Note they did sell it after I traded it in so this is the 2nd time someone has traded it in to them.

It is a really great guitar, very resonant, light and has that blackguard tele tone in spades.

There is a demo of it from World Guitars which is where I brought it new for 2.9K

https://youtu.be/Wqy21YwzVlY

As Matt has said SE are usually open to offers so i'd talk to them if your interested. I brought a full fat new Macon SC from them last year which they had listed at about 4.3K on their website and 4.5K on ebay and I paid 3.75K in the end.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9944
    @Squareheadedfreak Good luck with getting a new one - I believe build times are slooooow right now. @chris78 might have more insight into it. 
    Bit longer than 8 months.
    I ordered with Patrick November 20 and it’s just gone into build. Well worth the wait though, they’re sensational
  • chris78 said:
    @Squareheadedfreak Good luck with getting a new one - I believe build times are slooooow right now. @chris78 might have more insight into it. 
    I ordered with Patrick November 20 and it’s just gone into build. Well worth the wait though, they’re sensational
    Ouch is that a macon?  

I am tempted to convince my wife to get me a Macon for my 40th so she has 4 years to get it built and paid for
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9944
    chris78 said:
    Ouch is that a macon?  

I am tempted to convince my wife to get me a Macon for my 40th so she has 4 years to get it built and paid for
    This is an oz. I have a Macon with whiskerbuckers and a mastergrade top and flame maple neck and it’s the best singlecut I’ve ever played. It’s more open sounding than a modern Gibson and it’s flawlessly built
  • Last year I spoke to Pat and pretty sure the website prices were (and still are) not accurate (they’ve gone up). I might be wrong…
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • I have one of each, both with maple necks. 
    The Oz has banger and mash pick ups and Macon has staple and filtertron. Both guitars are brilliant.
    I need to sell one to raise some cash.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Collings said:
    Collings said:
    RevMatt said:

I don't mind you asking at all but it was a bit of a complicated deal as I actually traded the one they have list for sale now and another guitar against a new 96 and a new Oz with the RW fingerboard.

I'm pretty sure I got about +2K trade in value.

Note they did sell it after I traded it in so this is the 2nd time someone has traded it in to them.

It is a really great guitar, very resonant, light and has that blackguard tele tone in spades.

There is a demo of it from World Guitars which is where I brought it new for 2.9K

https://youtu.be/Wqy21YwzVlY

As Matt has said SE are usually open to offers so i'd talk to them if your interested. I brought a full fat new Macon SC from them last year which they had listed at about 4.3K on their website and 4.5K on ebay and I paid 3.75K in the end.

Wehey, rang the shop direct and they did her for £2200 :D Fixed the heartbreak of missing out on the Macon on here twice in a week! Bargain as discovered she has a master grade neck

Just looking for a Macon now (and shifting some gear to afford her!)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Excellent indeed - enjoy!