SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Patrick James Eggle Macon carved top

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SquareheadedfreakSquareheadedfreak Frets: 393
    edited May 2022
    RevMatt said:
    Well i've given up searching, bit the bullet & ordered one direct with Patrick for April 2023....

Please don't all start selling yours now, i'll have a breakdown
    Nice one, looking forward to hearing more!!!

A Macon carved top has long been top of my wish list too!

I've asked him to give me his version of the Gibson 'Adam Jones' Silverburst. With a mastergrade flamed neck died black.

Singlecut body like the below, currently in flamed maple but may upgrade to redwood depending on how healthy the bank account is closer to the time!

Neck I want this smokey flamed colour, and the back a lighter grey/white died mahogany

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zerolightzerolight Frets: 88
    edited May 2022
    @Squareheadedfreak Nice spec. I went with a more traditional spec in Lemon Burst from Peach's current stock. Should be with me today. Sent them my PRS. I'm excited. Shame I wasted so much money in guitars over the past year to get here.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zerolight said:
    @Squareheadedfreak Nice spec. I went with a more traditional spec in Lemon Burst from Peach's current stock. Should be with me today. Sent them my PRS. I'm excited. Shame I wasted so much money in guitars over the past year to get here.

Shes lovely, I did consider that one and their redwood one, yeah I've gone a bit off piste as I love the tool adam jones silver burst look.

Would love to have one of his aged gold tops too!

I think he will become even more regarded as they go on.

My order is serial 849, so he's clearly built very limited over the years so will be collectible when he stops too I would assume!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    My order is serial 849, so he's clearly built very limited over the years so will be collectible when he stops too I would assume!
    I look forward to your new silver burst guitar day next year. :D
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 413
    I've got 8 of Pat's current builds and I think the serial number of the guitar equates to the order number but I'm not sure there is any direct correlation to the numbers of guitars built or sequence 

I think they are building around 15 guitars a month and the Macon SC is their most popular model.
  • Collings said:
    I've got 8 of Pat's current builds and I think the serial number of the guitar equates to the order number but I'm not sure there is any direct correlation to the numbers of guitars built or sequence 

I think they are building around 15 guitars a month and the Macon SC is their most popular model.

Yeah i've got 3 currently, 332 333 & 358 from a few years back (was very surprised I picked up 2 that were made consecutively) but its crazy they've made less than 1000 in around 6 or so years. When fender will do a limited run of a single spec of colour for 1000 pieces!
    edited May 2022
    Well my fingers are sore. :)
  • zerolight said:
    Well my fingers are sore. :)

How is she? Worth every penny?
    edited May 2022
    zerolight said:
    Well my fingers are sore.

How is she? Worth every penny?
    Very nice. Sounds great. The finish is a little paler than it appears on their website, or at least is very light dependent - I’d have preferred something a bit warmer and more vibrant I guess. The flame top has a great figure but is also unusual - from some angles it looks like a 58 plain top, then you move a bit and it’s as strong a flame as the photo. Apparently this is the way Eastern Red Maple behaves. It’s nice, definitely interesting. 

The neck shape is amazing, the body back carve is super comfy too. The unfinished neck will take a bit of time to get used to - feels fast, but well, unfinished, as will the lower frets (they aren’t Les Paul low, but you feel more fretboard wood than on a Strat). Mojo PAFs are great. Overall I’m very pleased with it, it’s more me than the CU24 I traded.  

I don’t know how they can make it so light weight yet sound like a Les Paul should. Amazing. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 413
    zerolight said:

Very nice. Sounds great. The finish is a little paler than it appears on their website, or at least is very light dependent - I’d have preferred something a bit warmer and more vibrant I guess. The flame top has a great figure but is also unusual - from some angles it looks like a 58 plain top, then you move a bit and it’s as strong a flame as the photo. Apparently this is the way Eastern Red Maple behaves. It’s nice, definitely interesting. 

The neck shape is amazing, the body back carve is super comfy too. The unfinished neck will take a bit of time to get used to - feels fast, but well, unfinished, as will the lower frets (they aren’t Les Paul low, but you feel more fretboard wood than on a Strat). Mojo PAFs are great. Overall I’m very pleased with it, it’s more me than the CU24 I traded.  

I don’t know how they can make it so light weight yet sound like a Les Paul should. Amazing. 

I've got a Lemon burst one with an Eastern Maple top and mine is exactly the same - at some angles/lighting the figuring is quite subtle but then turn it slightly and it has really distinct deep figuring.

The unfinished necks are great and after spending some time with it and then switching back to a guitar with a high gloss finished neck you realise how nice they are.
    Collings said:
    zerolight said:

I've got a Lemon burst one with an Eastern Maple top and mine is exactly the same - at some angles/lighting the figuring is quite subtle but then turn it slightly and it has really distinct deep figuring.

The unfinished necks are great and after spending some time with it and then switching back to a guitar with a high gloss finished neck you realise how nice they are.
    I can see that being a thing. I’m already looking forward to downtuning and getting my Slash on. :)
  • zerolight said:
    Collings said:
    zerolight said:

I can see that being a thing. I’m already looking forward to downtuning and getting my Slash on. :)
    zerolight said:
    Collings said:
    zerolight said:

My favourite part of my PJE's are their necks, I can't go back to glossy/coated necks now, feel too sticky!

She looks lovely & the subtle burst is like how all the old Gibsons used to come!
    zerolight said:
    Collings said:
    zerolight said:

zerolight said:
    Collings said:
    zerolight said:

My favourite part of my PJE's are their necks, I can't go back to glossy/coated necks now, feel too sticky!

She looks lovely & the subtle burst is like how all the old Gibsons used to come!
    I’ll need a 96 like yours next. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom