SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1987 MIJ Squier / Fender Contemporary Strat - £380

RevMattRevMatt Frets: 865
edited February 2022 in Guitars £
Some of you will have read about this guitar elsewhere on the forum, but for those who haven't, let me fill you in... I'm been asked to sell this on behalf of a friend. The guitar is in my possession and it's me you're dealing with, so any questions feel free to ask, and I'm happy to arrange postage and have plenty of suitable packaging etc.

SQUIER CONTEMPORARY STRAT - 1987 - £400, now £380 (plus postage)

This guitar was a little neglected and left unplayed for quite a few years, but in the last few days it's undergone a bit of an overhaul. It's been stripped, cleaned, switches/knobs checked and cleaned, a couple of missing parts sourced, frets have been lightly re-profiled to put a bit of shape back into the flattened tops and the frets and all hardware polished. It's fitted with a new set of 9s and set up with a low action - intonation is spot on, tuning good, and it frets cleanly all along the 'board.

It's missing its trem arm, so currently the bridge isn't floating.

In terms of condition...
  • Structurally sound - no breaks or major damage, even the cutaways beside the neck join don't have the common lacquer cracks
  • Frets do show signs of wear with some indentations remaining but the reprofiling and polish means they play really nicely
  • Neck - is in good order with age related indentations to the back, minor wear to the fretboard, but the usual aging along the edge. Similarly the headstock is sound but with some dings / marks as expected
  • Body - the body has quite a few dings / indentations with a few going through the paint, but nothing awful and certainly consistent with a 35 year old guitar
  • Other bits - the rear cavity cover isn't original, but the holes all line up as they should (although only fitted with 4 screws),
Spec...
You can get all of the spec details here: http://www.squierwiki.com/87Cat-Standard-Stratocaster-(1) 
But as an overview...
  • Basswood body
  • Maple neck 
  • Electrics: 3x single coil pickups with a 5 way lever switch, single volume and pair of tone controls
  • Hardware: Fender Japan (Gotoh) tuners, System 1 bridge
Pictures
You can see before and during the work pics here: https://imgur.com/a/LOVxEZP ;
And here's how she looks now:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments