SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted finally.

What's Hot
ditchboyditchboy Frets: 303
edited November 2023 in Acoustics £
Slightly tentative on this as it might depend on me shifting a few pieces my end. Interested to hear if anyone has one and what they’d consider selling for. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ditchboyditchboy Frets: 303
    Still curious if anyone is planning on shifting an OM. It might be worth a chat at least. I have an OM28 now so would prefer a hog rather than rosewood. 
  • PM'd
    Resurrecting this as I’m expecting my GS mini to sell to free up some funds. Probably looking at something below £1000. I might consider a Furch OM also. I definitely don’t want anything Rosewood. 
  • I know its not either of the above but there is a BSG OM10F(also made in Czech Republic) on eBay for £995 which looks lovely, Cedar over Mahogany (great wood combo) and it looks beautifully made with a slotted headstock.
    Bradders said:
    I know its not either of the above but there is a BSG OM10F(also made in Czech Republic) on eBay for £995 which looks lovely, Cedar over Mahogany (great wood combo) and it looks beautifully made with a slotted headstock.
    Thanks for this. I might go and have a look, it’s local to me. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13572
    ditchboy said:
    Bradders said:
    I know its not either of the above but there is a BSG OM10F(also made in Czech Republic) on eBay for £995 which looks lovely, Cedar over Mahogany (great wood combo) and it looks beautifully made with a slotted headstock.
    Thanks for this. I might go and have a look, it’s local to me. 
    too far away for my OM33SR   :( 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    I’ve never seen it for sale but I’m really after something mahogany flavoured as I have a rosewood Martin. 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13572
    ditchboy said:
    I’ve never seen it for sale  
    Ive not put it on here, its all "intention" at the moment :)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • I have a Furch for sale on here
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

edited October 2023
    Thanks fellas I have looked at both but I definitely don’t need another rosewood model. I don’t want to buy new either but I’m currently eyeing up a Furch OM green in mahogany from guitar guitar. 
    Probably about 80% sure it’s a Larrivee OM-03 in mahogany I want. PM me.  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I found OM a bit too big and although I love my parlour I don't see it an 'only' acoustic. How do you feel about Concert size? This is an excellent compromise size for me.
    OM size is just about perfect for me. A great balance between size and volume. I’m pretty sure my needs are sorted, hoping to pick an OM-02 up asap. 
    Picked up a Larrivee OM-02 from the very patient @TheOtherDennis and it is absolutely fantastic. 
  • Good decision  
    Good decision  
    I think so too, it is currently in with the local luthier for a set up and new strings. I’ve asked him to set my Martin up too so will be getting them both back hopefully early this week. 
  • Please update us once both returned :)
    I will, he’s a bit of a drive for me but I’ve used him in the past and he’s very good. 
    Just picked the OM-02 from Nigel Stockbridge who’s given it a good set up (he’s very good for anyone looking for a guitar tech in the NE OR North Yorks). All I can say is wow, this thing is absolutely fantastic. I was having an issue with barre chords when it got delivered which I think @TheOtherDennis also mentioned some time ago, but the set up seems to have helped massively. Thanks Dennis - I’m extremely happy with it!! I played it in my dining room which is probably the best room in the house for acoustics (high ceilings) and it’s projecting a beautiful sound! Nigel also set my Martin OM28 up which I’d never touched from the shop and the Larrivee keeps up easily.