Universal Audio Volt Interface

What's Hot
I've been using my trusty Scarlet 2i4 for a few years, these seem like the next level up without forking out for the apollo etc.

Anyone using them.....thoughts? I'd be looking at the 276 as that's all i need for guitars and vocal recording.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrioBrio Frets: 1966
    I’m also looking. In the past I’ve had the Scarlett 2i2 but looking at the Volt 2 - I have a Cali 76 Stacked edition so don’t need the compressors.
    I’ll pop into Anderson’s Tuesday to pickup one or the other...
    I’ll let you know how it goes.
  • dariusdarius Frets: 673
    Take a look at the SSL2 as an option. These UA look like their version. A desktop size usb powered i/o. I can’t see them being much higher quality than the SSL or the Scarletts, but they’ll command the UA premium price. 
  • Vintage-T said:
    I've been using my trusty Scarlet 2i4 for a few years, these seem like the next level up without forking out for the apollo etc.

Anyone using them.....thoughts? I'd be looking at the 276 as that's all i need for guitars and vocal recording.

So what is it about the 276 that grabs you out of all of them? 

Stuff like the 276, Motu M4, SSL 2+, NI Komplete Audio 6, they're all clocking around £190 to £230. Outright DAC quality, I'd go MOTU. Interface functionality, I like the look of the SSL, Komplete Audio 6 is a bit cheaper at £170 from Andertons. 

• robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    I have the UAD Arrow and having plugins in line while tracking makes things very easy, eg amp sims or mic pres. You can probably get just as good results with a basic interface and plugins in the box though
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 146
    Vintage-T said:

So what is it about the 276 that grabs you out of all of them? 

Stuff like the 276, Motu M4, SSL 2+, NI Komplete Audio 6, they're all clocking around £190 to £230. Outright DAC quality, I'd go MOTU. Interface functionality, I like the look of the SSL, Komplete Audio 6 is a bit cheaper at £170 from Andertons. 

Those MOTU M4's look amazing for the price!
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2437
    What is it that you're unhappy with about the sound you're getting at the moment?

TBH the only unique selling point of the Volts compared with the competition is the analogue compressor on the 76 models. For home recording I doubt you'll notice a significant difference in sound quality compared with the Scarlett.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • marxskimarxski Frets: 260
    The Focusrite Claret is a step up in DAC quality - they recently launched the newer version but the recently discontinued model is still available discounted. I have a Claret 2 USB which is 2 in 4 out plus ADAT/SPDIF. The jump in quality is very noticeable