SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

TRADED: Gibson CS-336 Ltd Edition (p90s, custom shop, £2400)

CFHCFH Frets: 463
edited January 2023 in Guitars £
This is a very recent acquisition from this very parish. The latest in my installment to find "the one"... Turns out a 24.75" scale length doesn't fit with me as well as I'd hoped. However, that absolutely does not detract from what is otherwise a fabulous, lightweight, resonant and articulate instrument.

Straight out of Gibson's Custom Shop, I believe that only 50 were made in each colour of this CS-336 with p90s and the cool wraparound bridge. The p90s are custom wound for this model and are extremely versatile (hooked up to a factory installed hand wired loom with CTS pots). It weighs in at under 6.5lbs.

Steve (@Cloudnine) has kindly agreed to let me use his pics for the meantime, but  I will take my own shortly. Here's the original thread which also contains a heap of handy info!

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/222381/gibson-cs336-ltd-edition-p90-wrap-tail-now-gone

I'm looking for £2,400 on this. I'm based in Leeds but happy to travel a bit to meet up. Trades wise a CS, Suhr, Anderson or other high end strat or tele would be high on the list. Open to suggestions trades wise while the quest for the one continues... Can do cash adjustment either way.

Thanks for looking! 
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4311
    Just to say, as the previous owner, this is an absolutely brilliant guitar. Don’t let the quick turnaround put you off. I have an old Gibson with P90’s and decided I didn’t really need this as well, but otherwise would not have sold it. Lovely lightweight responsive instrument that sounds superb.

And Casper is a top man to deal with!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • marlinmanmarlinman Frets: 4
    edited February 2022
    PM enquiry sent

Further PM sent, now looking at other options.

• CoeCoe Frets: 22
    Did this ever get sold - I'm looking for one 
  • CFHCFH Frets: 463
    Coe said:
    Did this ever get sold - I'm looking for one 
    Hi, yes it did. I will update the ad!