Slash and Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators - '4'

What's Hot
FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2519
Slash and MKTC's new album '4' is out today - recorded live with them all in the studio, including solos and vocals.

Personally, I love it - I was always a huge fan of Apocalyptic Love which was recorded in a similar fashion. This has got some cracking tunes on it as well - and the return of the talkbox too!

Much better than Living the Dream and World on Fire IMO.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LPManicLPManic Frets: 1223
    Have you all seen the videos from the Stern show? River is Rising is a great Slash rocker and they also do a great cover of Rocket Man. They played Seattle during the week and Duff joined them for Nighttrain. Video is on Youtube as well. Great stuff.

I thought Living the Dream was great and looking forward to listening to 4.

There is a big album launch thing happening on YouTube tonight. I think they are playing the album in full?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2519
    Yeah, they're playing the album live in it's entirety later tonight - I'm gigging so will miss it, but look forward to catching it over the weekend.
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1444
    Got it on now, really good.  And I don't care what others think I like the new guitar too :-D

I’m looking forward to seeing his guitars tonight. I’ve seen clips of him playing a V. Interesting.

Does anyone know if the guitar he is playing on the Stern show is his original appetite 59 or if he plays a replica these days. I remember reading somewhere that Gibson made him an exact replica a few years ago.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2519
    LPManic said:
    I’m looking forward to seeing his guitars tonight. I’ve seen clips of him playing a V. Interesting.

Does anyone know if the guitar he is playing on the Stern show is his original appetite 59 or if he plays a replica these days. I remember reading somewhere that Gibson made him an exact replica a few years ago.
    I read that he doesn't tour with it now as it's basically too precious. I'd expect it's a replica on the show.
  • dariusdarius Frets: 689
    River rising - pretty good. Will seek out the rest of the album. 
    But terrible guitar miming timing on the vid!
    Enjoyed the show. Obviously most of the songs are quite same-y but at least 4 standouts in there.

Obviously Slash is working closely with Gibson now in terms of them launching the album and all the promo with the new guitar and the interviews etc and this video was basically just a Gibson advertisement. Some gorgeous Gibsons played by both Slash and Frank. 

I watched the "afterparty" interview with Slash and he talked about his guitar buying - during Corona he bought three 59 reissues, he got a Hendrix Flying V for Christmas, and Gibson made him a special Goldtop Explorer. He says he's looking for another 58 Korina Explorer at the minute. He didn't chat about the black LP Custom he plays live now as well.

But we know for a fact Slash that you've got a stash of pre-CBS and Custom Shop Fenders at home and you play them when your missus goes to bed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It's not that great. Actually pretty disappointing.
    I pre-ordered.
    CD is delayed in Aus til 25/02 at least.
    Prob just going to sit on shelf & gather dust when it arrives.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1847
    Boring, samey, single listen album like the last two with Miles. Apolcalyptic love was the last really good one.