victoria 20112

What's Hot
llewllew Frets: 78
Hi,anyone tried one of these? I'm currently using a Dr z maz jnr head and 2x10 cab awesome amp but too load to play in the house.My band is not gigging as much as we we're so I'm looking for something that I can play at home but also use for the occasional gig.I play blue's mainly.Cheers llew.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6866
    edited August 2014 tFB Trader
    I tried one at Jam Guitars in Bristol when I was looking to go 'tweed'. It was pretty faithful to the original build and tone wise, it was fairly low powered (like the originals) and very light in weight. Broke up nicely with a Tele. 

It's all subjective but it left me a bit underwhelmed, I ended up going for a Lazy J20. Withe the VAC circuit, they are perfect for home and small/medium gigs unmic'd. 

I think @downbytheriver has/had both so may be able to help further.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Keep the Dr Z and get an attenuator (there's an Airbrake in the classifieds - not mine ;))  The Maz Jnr's are lovely amps
  • llewllew Frets: 78
    I'v had an airbrake and a brake lite and didn't like what they did to the tone unfortunately.
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 424
    Badcat do the Unleash which always gets good reviews and Rivera do the Rockcrusher.  Both are expensive but if you want to preserve your tone........its probably gonna cost.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4318

I have the smaller Viccy 5112. Different circuits I know. Absolutely love it though. Have bought and sold loads of amps, but this has stuck around the longest.

I use it with a Swart Night Light attenuator just to take the edge off the volume in the house. The Night Light would work well with the 20112 as well I reckon.

GREAT with Tele's!

The maz is a great amp but I fancy a combo with more of a fender vibe I think. That said every time I plug the maz in I end up keeping it lol.
  • I've owned one of these - mostly as a spare for my Lazy J but I have used it as the primary noise maker on occasion - proper tweed sound, breaks up early, very light in weight, lovely little beastie. However, I much prefer the Lazy J in most situations (the VAC being a particular boon). If you find it cheap, you won't be disappointed (UNLESS you compare it to a Lazy J!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah might hang on to the Dr z until I find something really special like a lazy j.
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6866
    tFB Trader
    Wisdom awarded to @downbytheriver! The J20 is a formidable beast, They come up occasionally second hand, you just need to be quick! Or you could join the 30 week (and counting) waiting list...
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1587
    Liked my Maz 18 jr, but love my J20...