Head to DI Box to Attenuator/LoadBox to Cab (DI box also going to Interface)

Am I confused ? I'd like to keep everything simple and easy to switch about, I also like to record into a DAW while having my amp running. I usually record/practice in the evening so currently have the amp quite quiet. I'm about to order an Attenuator/LoadBox (so i can drive the amp without getting divorced) given all of that can I connect the head to a DI Box with cab sims (maybe a RedBox5 or similar) which can DI out to the interface, then from the DI into the attenuator so I can keep the amp driven but quiet. 
 Will this give me a similar (similar will do for what i'm doing) sound going into the DAW as the amp is outputting ? Or will it not work at all.

So basically can I go :- 

HEAD>>>>DI-BOX>>>>ATTENUATOR>>>>CAB
                        I
                        I
                        I>>>>USB INTERFACE>>>>DAW

Sorry for all the questions spread over every topic. I'm keen but currently semi clueless

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• marxskimarxski Frets: 260
    Hi I think you have it wired up wrong.

I would go:

DI BOX>>>HEAD>>>>ATTENUATOR>>>>CAB
                                                 I
                                                 I
                                                 I>>>>USB      INTERFACE>>>>DAW (use speaker simulator)

if you record 2 tracks simultaneously you can also record direct the DI signal to reamp to experiment

• spev11spev11 Frets: 418
    My (very basic) di box has a line in, a from amp and to amp sockets and xlr out. I ran the xlr di out from the attenuator but with full attenuation ( silent mode) the di out is also silent. The line out on the attenuator is also silent at full attenuation ( even though it has its own level dial). I've connected it up and it works ( and I've got sufficient signal to run into my Interface) I  just wondering now if its somehow affection the amp