SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 2017 Gibson Custom Shop Historic Les Paul 1958 Reissue

What's Hot
OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1679
edited February 2022 in Guitars £
Well, I didn't think I'd do this, but here we are. I'm mid way through a kitchen refurb, and I've got a tiger by the tail. I'm not playing it much, my vintage 335's get the most action, and I'm also playing bass now too. So after some deliberation, here it is.

2017 Gibson Custom Shop Historic Les Paul 1958 Reissue, owned by me from new.

Excellent condition, no modifications. Some very slight marking on the back from a belt buckle, but it is very slight and therefore difficult to photograph. No discernible fret wear

The colour is Iced Tea, but it has faded a little since new. The reds are fading out of the back, sides and neck, and there is no “bleed” of colour into the binding anymore. Whilst this is a ’58 reissue, there is still some flame in the top, and caught in the right light it really “pops”.

It sounds superb, plays really well, and looks stunning. Includes original case, also in excellent condition, all hang tags, and the COA.

Weight: 8 lbs 5 oz (yes, it’s really light). Pickups both measure 8.0k.

2017 was a great year for Historic Les Pauls. At this time, the features of the “True Historic” line were incorporated into the Historic Reissues. These include:
• The Carmelita top carve profile (measured from Joe Bonamassa’s guitar).
• ’59 neck profile
• All hide-glue construction and nitrocellulose lacquer finish with aniline dye
• True Historic parts including pickguard, pickup rings, switch washer, tip, knobs, pickup covers, and jack plate.
• Historic accurate serial numbers (no “R” at the beginning of the serial)
• Rolled Fretboard Binding
• Solid Indian rosewood fretboard
• Solid one-piece mahogany neck with Historic long neck tenon
• Holly Headstock Veneer
• Custombucker Pickups

Price is £2950. Collection preferred from Morecambe, or can meet within 50 miles.

Gallery of images: https://imgur.com/gallery/sMaq6Qq

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments