Free Berklee taster courses

joeWjoeW Frets: 462
I was prowling around reverb for things i really don't need and saw an offer for a free 4 week course from Berklee online.  It seemed a worthwhile endeavour and I signed up to the chords course.  The full course runs for 12 weeks, so you only really get the basics, but the through approach was very good and while i didn't really learn much theory - mostly covering triads, which are so straightforward, its easy to skim over their significance.  
I decided to enrol for the Jazz 101 course, which is not cheap at all, but am glad to say that half way thro, I am really enjoying it and it is making a big difference.  Just wondering if anyone else had studied any of their courses?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10691
    I did their Gary Burton course, it was quite good. Some others of us did too
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11894
    viz said:
    me too

viz said:
    me too

It was fun hey :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 462
    @viz just had a quick look at that course. Was it very involved? 
    No, Gary talked for an hour and then set us some homework for the week which we had to record and uplaod, then we listened to one of our coursemate’s work and scored it. And there were around 7 weeks. I think! And then you got a certificate. It was quite basic. 
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 462
    viz said:
    No, Gary talked for an hour and then set us some homework for the week which we had to record and uplaod, then we listened to one of our coursemate’s work and scored it. And there were around 7 weeks. I think! And then you got a certificate. It was quite basic. 
    Hmm - I’ll give that a swerve then