SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gibson Melody Maker Reissue, Nitro refinish (2009)

What's Hot
john_skaarjohn_skaar Frets: 24
edited March 2022 in Guitars £

SOLD

Hi!

For sale is my trusty Gibson Melody Maker Reissue, built in 2009.

Photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/john_skaar/albums/72177720296750495

This guitar is incredibly resonant, light and comfortable to play. It has received a full refinish in real (hard) Nitrocellulose gloss which saw the original satin (and not very nice!) finish removed and multiple thin layers of quality nitro applied for a lovely, deep lustre.

A Bumblebee capacitor has also been installed in the circuit, replacing the original ceramic disc capacitor.

Is it a basic guitar? Yes. Is it versatile? Absolutely! Can it be used as a serious axe? Let's just say it made me sell two Custom Shop Juniors...

The neck is among the most comfortable I have played. Measuring 0.823in at the first fret and 0.936in at the twelfth, with a very nice round profile (not flat, nor clubby with unnecessarily big shoulders), it sits naturally in the hand. This, combined with a very comfortable weight of 2.75kg / 6.06Lb, means it can be played for a very long time without any fatigue.

The guitar will come in an aftermarket hardcase of good quality, branded with the Gib**n logo, although it is not a case originally from that manufacturer.

There is a ding on the upper bout, some very small chips around the edges, and a small amount of marking on the back which can only be seen in the right light. All from 13 years of loving use! This one really pays homage to the originals.

There are not, and there have never been any breaks or structural repairs! 

Asking £650. If you wish to collect or meet for a handover, I am happy to facilitate this, or I can ship at cost

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lovely, GLWTS  B)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • burchyk said:
    lovely, GLWTS  B)
    Thank you  :3
  • Bump  :3
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    Can’t buy a guitar at the moment but I could, this would be high on the list.  I love the simplicity, shape and the wood grain. Ideally I would want the 2 pickup model as I have done the single pickup thing and always miss the neck pickup. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunk said:
    Can’t buy a guitar at the moment but I could, this would be high on the list.  I love the simplicity, shape and the wood grain. Ideally I would want the 2 pickup model as I have done the single pickup thing and always miss the neck pickup. 
    They are fantastic guitars, both in single and double configuration =)

I've always loved the single pickup models, not just for looks, but because I always find they make me play more and spend less time on the controls, much like an Esquire :3
  • Sold, pending arrangement of collection  :3
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1701
    Good result :)

Have to say as an aside btw - that's quite a trio of hardware there, and a great shot:

• AK99 said:
    Good result :)

Have to say as an aside btw - that's quite a trio of hardware there, and a great shot:

Thanks  =) It's nice to have some variation!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • john_skaarjohn_skaar Frets: 24
    edited March 2022

Relisting this beauty as buyer has gone quiet and disappeared 

A couple who were in touch have a second chance 

• Bump  :)
  • Bump  :)
  • Price drop!  B)
  • john_skaarjohn_skaar Frets: 24
    edited March 2022
    Added a few pics to the listing to spice it up a bit, now that I figured out how that works 
  • Bump  =)
  • Bump  :3
  • SOLD!