Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: 2017 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul 1958 Reissue (Ice Tea, 871472, sold here earlier this week)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BensonBenson Frets: 242
    Contact the old owner and ask him to pass your contact details on to the new owner. That way no breach of trust and the new owner can respond, or not, as they see fit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2077
    Benson said:
    Contact the old owner and ask him to pass your contact details on to the new owner. That way no breach of trust and the new owner can respond, or not, as they see fit.
    Pretty sure that’s what @fretfinder is suggesting as per my post
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10923
    Rocky1991 said:
    Have you contacted the seller of the guitar and asked him to pass on you interest and contact details to whoever bought it?
    Personal opinion seller shouldn't do that...

Why would he have the right
    I agree. The seller could pass details to the buyer though and ask for them to make contact
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m a bit confused by this. Is there a reason the new owner should be expected to sell his new guitar having just made a considerable investment, just because you want it and didn’t buy it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m a bit confused by this. Is there a reason the new owner should be expected to sell his new guitar having just made a considerable investment, just because you want it and didn’t buy it?
    I think maybe poster is hoping to maybe get a chance to buy it if the seller doesn’t bond with it (wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened so could be good for both of them) - let’s not judge this guy eh?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sure - but I agree it's all a bit cryptic.  It's a 2017 R8 and there are plenty - it's a bit like asking Tesco who bought the last tube of Pringles........
    Contrary to public opinion I'm near Manchester and Huddersfield and not near the M20!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • eatapeach said:
    sure - but I agree it's all a bit cryptic.  It's a 2017 R8 and there are plenty - it's a bit like asking Tesco who bought the last tube of Pringles........
    unless it was his at one time and it got nicked!
  • wellsyboy said:
    eatapeach said:
    sure - but I agree it's all a bit cryptic.  It's a 2017 R8 and there are plenty - it's a bit like asking Tesco who bought the last tube of Pringles........
    unless it was his at one time and it got nicked!
    Who would steal a tube of Pringles?!?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4311
    I don’t think there is a mystery here. On the linked for sale thread the OP had stated: ‘Dibs previously called’

This suggest that on some some previous occurrence when the guitar was available, the OP had invoked the sacred and eternally binding seal of ‘Dibs’ on this guitar, and was deeply unhappy that they had then been unable to exercise this power on the occasion of the recent sale.

That’s my take on it anyway.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNine said:
    I don’t think there is a mystery here. On the linked for sale thread the OP had stated: ‘Dibs previously called’

This suggest that on some some previous occurrence when the guitar was available, the OP had invoked the sacred and eternally binding seal of ‘Dibs’ on this guitar, and was deeply unhappy that they had then been unable to exercise this power on the occasion of the recent sale.

That’s my take on it anyway.
    AAaaaahhhhhh! Thanks for clearing that up
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1667
    Calling out the buyer like they've done something wrong seems needlessly petty. Especially over some verbal agreement that may or may not have existed and they weren't a part of.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_Halen said:
    Calling out the buyer like they've done something wrong seems needlessly petty. Especially over some verbal agreement that may or may not have existed and they weren't a part of.
    I think that opinion and speculation from forum members with no real investment in this thread are, regrettably, doing that (however we’ll intended it might be, in some cases) more than any post that I have made or intention that I had.

I shall ask a mod to close this thread because it seems to be taking on a life of its own that is entirely unrelated and unhelpful to the intended dialogue.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1667
    Fair enough but the bit about the new owner reflecting on the circumstances of their recent purchase seems pretty pointed. If I was the new owner I'd view that as a needless swipe regardless of if that's how it was intended.

I hope you find the guitar you're after.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Thread closed on the basis that it's starting to head in a direction not conducive to the classifieds section's peace and harmony.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.