GarageBand with Pod Go help

Hi,

I’m a complete beginner when it comes to recording, and I’ve got a Mac Mini with GarageBand as well as a Pod Go. I’ve just about worked out how to record to preset from my Pod Go onto a track on GarageBand (not entirely convinced I’m doing it in the best way). However, I’ve been trying to set up the pod go purely as an audio interface to use the virtual amps etc in GarageBand.

I’m getting absolutely nowhere with this as all I can hear through my speakers is the preset on the pod go. I’m sure there’s a really obvious thing I’m doing wrong and I’ll be suitably embarrassed, but it’s driving me mad.

If anyone can advise how best to use pod go with a Mac it would be really appreciated.

Dave
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10563
    Create a track and set it's record input to 3 or 4 from the Go .... not 1 and 2. That will record the dry DI of the guitar from the Pod then you can put a Garageband amp on it. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • DaiBDaiB Frets: 18
    Thanks. Can you play a GarageBand amp ‘live’. I know they’re likely to not be as good as the pod go amps, but just want to know if it can be done 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10563
    Yes, you can do it with any DAW. Tiny bit of latency but shouldn't be much of a problem. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • DaiBDaiB Frets: 18
    Thank you. To be honest , I’m not great but I’ve learned and forgot so many songs since I started playing again (in my early 40s), just want to keep some for posterity!!