SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: PRS Custom 22 (2003) £1600

What's Hot
PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
edited March 2022 in Guitars £
Hey there guys and gals,

as can be gleaned from my year-long absence from the forum, guitar playing has taken a bit of a backseat as of late... With that in mind (and knowing full well the urge to play and the inevitable GAS will kick up at some point), I'm rationalising the herd a bit.

Which means that this lovely PRS Custom 22 is looking for a good home. Bought it second-hand in late 2020 (NGD post here) and since then the only time it's left the house has been to get a good fret dress and setup at Feline about a year ago.

More pics here: https://imgur.com/a/Ukm8qGi

Key specs:

- Vintage sunburst
- Wide Fat neck, indian rosewood board
- Dragon II pickups
- stoptail
- three-way toggle switch, and coil split via CTS push-pull pot and resistors (original 5-way rotary and tone pot will be included)
- original hard case
- hang-tag and other case candy included

All in all, a fairly typical presentation from that great, early-2000s PRS era. The guitar plays beautifully, and the chunky neck + stoptail really brings it into that Les Paul territory, with bags of sustain.

NOTE: the guitar is currently equipped with some lovely handwound Bulldog pickups and recent PRS rings, but the original covered Dragon II pickups and original pickup rings will be reinstalled prior to a sale. That said, I would thoroughly recommend the Bulldog pickups as an upgrade; the Dragon IIs are good, but Hayden wound some proper beauties for this one (vintage-style A4 PAF in the neck, his Hot PAF in the bridge for a tad of extra oomph). They really suit the guitar and opened it up nicely compared to the relatively thick/dark PRS pickups.

Happy to sell the guitar with both sets of pickups for a small extra. Check out the last picture in the gallery above, taken when I bought it, to see what the guitar looks like with the original pickups/rings on.

Condition-wise, it is in pretty good nick despite its near 20 years of age. It's been played as opposed to kept in its case the whole time, so it has picked up a few minor scrapes and scruffs. Mostly on the back (couple on indents in the lacquer, swirl marks) and the sides (a few spots of chipped lacquer).Absolutely nothing that deters playability, though: the neck is pristine and the top is also in very good nick. Given the recent fret dress, the frets are in great shape with lots of life left in them.

I have tried to capture the condition as best as possible in the pictures, very happy to take some more if needed.

Looking for £1600 or thereabouts for this, depending on what pickups you want, but feel free to take a punt - worse I can say is no . Available for collection (cash or paypal gift) in the Sydenham / Crystal Palace area. I can also post (will discuss cost if/when but I'm guessing in the region of £50 insured) and also happy to hand deliver within reasonable driving distance for a committed sale. I would rather the latter with a guitar of that value to be honest, so unless you live in remote Scotland we should be able to work something out.

Any questions, please shout! Happy to supply the modcat too if you want to double-check specs.

Cheers all
Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1667
    That, Sir, is a nice guitar. GLWTS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Very reasonably priced too. Beware of flippers. 
  • jeztone2 said:
    Nothing wrong with flipping, if you don’t try a guitar how do you know if it’s one you want to keep? Bedroom dealers on the other hand want burning at the stake.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2 said:
    Cheers mate. Yeah I went for something that is very close to what I paid for it, and that strikes me as reasonable for a PRS of that era. We'll see!
  • Bumpage
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    And sold to the good @rockmonster - cheers mate!