SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Gibson Les Paul Standard 1998 Ebony SOLD

What's Hot
the_crungethe_crunge Frets: 35
edited March 2022 in Guitars £
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard with Original Case.

Bought used just over a year ago but not getting much use now. In played condition but structurally all fine, no headstock breaks etc. Stock pickups (490T and 490R) and factory-fitted Grover tuners. Control knobs changed to top-hats but original speed knobs are included in the case. The original owner has sanded down the neck heel which you can see in the photos. I personally really like the feel but important to be aware of as I know it could be a deal breaker for some. A few paint chips here and there (pictured) and some light buckle rash on the back. The finish has also started to check lightly, however it can only be seen up close and is not too obvious. Neck is on the chunkier side, supposedly a '59 profile according to some online forums? Not as slim as a 1960 Classic I once had but smaller than an R4 I once played. Electronics all working as expected. Weight is 4.4kg.

I'm looking for £1500 £1350 and happy to discuss delivery, I have a box waiting to go. Any questions please get in touch. Thanks for looking!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump and price drop
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bargain bump , good luck with the sale ,love it 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Weekend bump!
  • Something I quite like has come up so looking to move this on as soon as possible, price drop now to £1350
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10512
    That’s a bargain tbh for a guitar from a great era. Out of interest, why did the previous owner do that to the neck heel???
  • That’s a bargain tbh for a guitar from a great era. Out of interest, why did the previous owner do that to the neck heel???
    Yeah I wondered that as well ? Why ?

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• robertyroberty Frets: 10923
    Gibson do this on rare occasions, similar idea

• That’s a bargain tbh for a guitar from a great era. Out of interest, why did the previous owner do that to the neck heel???
    Yeah I wondered that as well ? Why ?

I don't exactly know, but I think the previous owner was a heavy metal player. It came to me with a Dimarzio high gain bridge pickup originally too.
  • LardyLardy Frets: 20
    Whereabouts are you crunge? for a pickup?
  • I have a ‘92.  I do wish that shaped heel was stock.
  • Lardy said:
    Whereabouts are you crunge? for a pickup?
    Hi, I’m in Norwich 
  • LardyLardy Frets: 20
    Ahhhh. Ok. London here. not too far.