SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

withdrawn - GSP LPJ

What's Hot
MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
edited March 2022 in Guitars £

Beautiful guitar.

Specs:

Mahogany body and neck with the most amazing AAAA Quilted Maple cap and Rosewood board.
Stained and oiled finish to the cap.
Back and neck is finished with Crimson Guitar Oil.
Pickup - Oil City Jazzwatch.
Bridge - Faber Vintage Aged Wraparound.
Tuners - Faber Kluson Style.
Wiring and Pots - Six String Supplies LP Jr Wiring Kit with SSS Premium PIO.
Head stock drilled for Kluson tuners (8.8mm front 6.3mm back).
Neck has a 2 way rod.
Bone nut
Width at nut: 43mm
Width at 12th fret: 52.5mm
Neck thickness: 1st fret - 0.897" - 12th fret - 0.944"
12" radius fingerboard
Weight is a lightweight and resonant 5.84lb
Oil City Jazzwatch pickup
Six String Supplies LP Jr Wiring Kit with SSS Premium PIO
Routed for one P90, a second pickup could be added as there are wire runs are under the cap.
Will come in a TGI padded, zipped and shoulder straps.

Only £550, located in Portree, but will be over on the east coast from Monday for a few days if it helps, and I'm happy to post.

Now withdrawn, but on Reverb if you want it.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    Still available 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • How wide is the neck at the 12th?
    edited March 2022
    All this quality for not much money.

• Jabba74Jabba74 Frets: 56
    That looks sweet. 
  • WOW! That is a strikingly beautiful looking guitar. What would be the best price we could do with postage? (Newcastle-ish area). I was just about to buy an old Greco LP but this guitar has now caught my attention. Please feel free to PM me at anytime to discuss.
    Surprisingly still here

• Have you just put the price up by £25? LOL I could have sworn it was £525. Maybe I need to go to spec savers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2022
    @dixiethedog ;;;;; crazy coincidence me editing this and you bumping it at exactly the same time. Dont know what the chances of that are. It had disappeared to the depths. Yes, moving forward, I've edited it (its my guitar, I can do that). But as you'll see by the PM I sent you, I stand by my initial price.

I initially priced this to sell quickly to help with an incoming purchase, but it didnt sell, and I'm not that desperate to sell it now, so price adjusted. And like I've said, It's my guitar, I can do as I like. It's still incredibly cheap.

Reality now though, is with my sales post pissed on, I've got no chance in hell of selling it now, especially with the added 'wisdom', so Ill just let it drop to the depths again, but I'll leave it on Reverb.

Any long term, and polite forum member, can have it for £495 though.

Just PM me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2046
    MikeS said:

I initially priced this to sell quickly to help with an incoming purchase, but it didnt sell, and I'm not that desperate to sell it now, so price adjusted. And like I've said, It's my guitar, I can do as I like. It's still incredibly cheap.

Reality now though, is with my sales post pissed on, I've got no chance in hell of selling it now, especially with the added 'wisdom', so Ill just let it drop to the depths again, and I'll leave it on Reverb to sell.
    I think that's a bit harsh Mike.

It's your guitar and you can price it however you see fit: adjusting the guitar for the reasons you outline seems totally fair enough with me, but getting snippy about someone pointing out the changed price (which had at that point not been explained) is a bit off. YMMV.  

As it happens I've looked at the guitar enviously on lots of occasions. It's just too pretty to be the punky thrash machine I'd love (I lack the skill to play much more than punky thrash, see).  

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

edited March 2022
    @McToot yes I can see why it would seem that way. But you don't know the back story. I'd already opened a dialogue with the poster above by PM long before he made his second post. His second post was for effect rather than to communicate. There was one other person who 'showed interest' and turned out to be a timewaster, and it was the member who made the 'wisdom'. Knowing this, do you think the wisdom was made with honourable intentions... No. I wouldn't even be surprised if they were associated accounts.

And unfortunately just now on the forum, lowballers, rudeness and time-wasting behind the closed doors of PM's is upsettingly common, and I've zero tolerance for that kind of behaviour.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2046
    MikeS said:
    @McToot yes I can see why it would seem that way. But you don't know the back story. I'd already opened a dialogue with the poster above by PM long before he made his second post. His second post was for effect rather than to communicate. There was one other person who 'showed interest' and turned out to be a timewaster, and it was the member who made the 'wisdom'. Knowing this, do you think the wisdom was made with honourable intentions... No. I wouldn't even be surprised if they were associated accounts.

And unfortunately just now on the forum, lowballers, rudeness and time-wasting behind the closed doors of PM's is upsettingly common, and I've zero tolerance for that kind of behaviour.

Fair enough, understood. 

Keep the faith Mike - there are still some of us wot are gooduns. I'm one of the very best, as it 'appens.

So if you re-fin that pretty LPJ into a more skanky punk machine, I'll take it off your hands (at a discount, obviously as re-fins de-value guitars as all good bedroom dealers know).

B) 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeS said:
    There was one other person who 'showed interest' and turned out to be a timewaster, and it was the member who made the 'wisdom'. Knowing this, do you think the wisdom was made with honourable intentions... No. I wouldn't even be surprised if they were associated accounts

The 'wisdom' was absolutely made with honourable intentions. This comment is aimed at me. You certainly seem to want to stir up a response. I'm hardly a timewaster. I messaged you a couple of times asking about the guitar. Is everyone who doesn't buy from you a timewaster?! I bought something else. Simple as that. I also got put off by the fact your adverts keep disappearing and reappearing on different platforms with your prices going up and down like a midden's knickers. 

I also have no clue who the other chap who commented on this is. So I'm definitely not associated with him. I've bought and sold many a guitar in my time. This is not the way to do it. 
    I messaged you a couple of times asking about the guitar. Is everyone who doesn't buy from you a timewaster?! 
    No, only when they're a time-waster.

I also got put off by the fact your adverts keep disappearing and reappearing on different platforms with your prices going up and down like a midden's knickers. 

As I'm sure folk know by now, generally I'll price things low if I'm selling a guitar on the forum. No fees and a platform built on trust help with that. Price things low and sell them quickly, but If things are still hanging about and it's obvious they're not even going to sell at that low price, I have no choice but to try Reverb. Can't very well have them on Reverb with google searching bringing up results on the forum X amount of hundred pounds cheaper, or they'd never sell. Same if a 80% off ebay fee offer comes up there. To be honest, I'm surprised I'm even explaining this to you, as you do exactly the same yourself, deleting (for example) the blue japanese strat from different platforms to aid you in selling in others. Why is it okay for you, but wrong for others?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnnyBGid82JohnnyBGid82 Frets: 40
    edited March 2022
    Probably because I'm not calling people out in the way you've done above. If you can re-read your comments above and think you come across in a good light, I'm lost for words. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 865
    Just completely unrelated to the above...

I'd been meaning to comment on the guitar itself, which I think may be one that I'd considered buying as parts from GSP when it was originally sold - my comment is just that I'm glad Mike bought it and not me, as I reckon you've done a great job on it, and suspect it turned out way better than if I'd taken the project on! 

Nice work, looks awesome and very tempting, but no money in the kitty at the moment.
  • I agree. The guitar is lovely. I still look at it and quite fancy it. Just didn't appreciate being labelled a timewaster in such an aggressive fashion. But hey ho. Funnily enough, I've bought from Mike in the past and found him to be friendly and fair...
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8977
    Thread closed for maintenance. 

Earlier this week I wrote:
    Today we’ve had to close a For Sale thread because of repeated price discussion. 

Ladies and gentlemen, please remember that we do not allow harassment in For Sale threads. Harassment includes price criticism and derailing comments. If you want to discuss your personal aspirations about our Classifieds section, or vent your emotions about people who are willing to spend more than you would, then take it elsewhere. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
This discussion has been closed.