George Ezra's guitarist using a Fender Princeton (stock?) live?

What's Hot
CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1432
Watching Sky Arts : George Ezra at Baloise (2018)

Session guitarist with him using what looks like a stock off the shelf Fender Princeton on top of a road case- mic'ed of course - playing a 3000 capacity Swiss concert venue.
Couldn't help but notice it... 
I was trying to hear objectively how it sounded in the mix but of course once you know what's being used it's hard - you start folding your arms and stroking your chin and thinking well..does it' sound harsh / small - but you know perfectly serviceable - doing the job and the solo tone with the pedal he was using was fine...

Any ideas what other gear the blokes using? Quick google search doesn't even reveal player's name...

P.S. - none of this matters in the end - the star and the songs and the band were all terrific...which is what really matters...
...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1655
    Doesn’t matter what you use if you have good monitoring through wedges or in-ears so you can hear it. He’s probably able to run it in the sweet spot for his taste and lets the sound guy do the rest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73076
    No reason you can’t. It’s also quite possible that there’s more going on than you can see, and there’s also some sort of direct-to-PA setup as well - but there doesn’t have to be.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9829
    There’s a fair few well-known guitarists who use small amps (mic’d up). Chris Rea uses a pair of Blues Juniors. Jeff Beck uses Pro Juniors. 
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4799
    HAL9000 said:
    There’s a fair few well-known guitarists who use small amps (mic’d up). Chris Rea uses a pair of Blues Juniors. Jeff Beck uses Pro Juniors. 
    Jimmy Page was a master at using small amps live eg his Supro 1690T Coronado 1959, 24w 1x12 speaker.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1432
    Did Page ever use Supro's outside of the studio?
    (he cranked those small amps with telecasters in the studio for the early records?)

I always thought live it was his behemoth Marshalls and more latterly Orange...?
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4799
    CaseOfAce said:
    Did Page ever use Supro's outside of the studio?
    (he cranked those small amps with telecasters in the studio for the early records?)

I always thought live it was his behemoth Marshalls and more latterly Orange...?
    Yes he did, in Yardbirds performances.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5221
    So according to this:

https://m.baloisesession.ch/en/artist/george-ezra

David Klinke Jorgensen is the guitarist.

He's on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/dklinke/?hl=en

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Just found this discussion, obviously nearly two years late.

Anyway, I was indeed playing a second hand prri for much of the Ezra tours, as well as a Benson Monarch, a lately a Marshall Bluesbreaker in a stereo setup with (what I think is) a Hotrod of some kind. 

Id be happy to go further into my setup, if anyones interested:)
    0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10016
    edited December 2023
    Welcome to the site, yes I'm sure many of us would be interested in your setup, interesting to see how a pro touring setup compares to our crazy world of buying stuff for the hell of it
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi @dklinke - yes I'd be interested to hear about it, I'm sure others would too. And welcome! 
  • Also hi @dklinke always interested in hearing about 'real world' pro set ups. 
    [as opposed to massive rock star set ups which might be interesting but don't tend to offer solutions to common gigging issues] 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Hi and welcome! 

Add me to the “interested” list! I’m very keen on understanding this stuff and especially how it develops over time and what drives decisions to make changes 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1432
    I've just seen this. After the tech for Hugh Cornwell came back on a thread I started this is equally as satisfying! Please spill the beans David!