Jamie T

What's Hot
JfingersJfingers Frets: 445
Anyone here interested in his stuff?
I'm from south by not that far from London, but still rural in those days, used to be able to drive to Hammersmith in a shade over half an hour. I bet it'd take about 2 minimum nowadays.

I really like the first couple of albums. If you look at the cover of Panic Prevention it tells a story that I understand, especially with the back cover of New Boots And Panties on display.

It's too young for me but it feels like punk, with added bits of the rap things that I do like.
I'm listening to it on headphones once I finish this post.

If people ever ask, I describe my musical taste as mainly old clever Men and former punks/addicts who got into country at just the right time.

Anyway, I'm not expecting many positive responses, just putting it out there. I'm 55 before anyone asks, I was into The Cramps and Gun Club in a big way well before my O levels.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7581
    Seen him a couple of times and have a few of his albums . Really like his energy / attitude and he can write a hooky tune too.

I’m surprised he’s not more well known tbh
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 445
    I agree @DrCornelius
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 1306
    Yes I went to a few of his gigs around that time. Always good live and seemed like a very talented guy. I believe they've re-released panic prevention for the 15 year anniversary. Doesn't seem that long ago! 
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1780
    15 years! I feel like he's an up-n-coming. Where has my life gone?
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25112
    I've only heard of him because a friend of mine's son was a fan. 

He - the son - is about 29 now, so I guess when he was going to see Jamie T it was probably one of the first gigs he'd been to.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13743
    "Power over Men" was one of his wasn't it?  That was a flipping choon.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    It's nice not to be ridiculed over this, I feel ever so slightly more welcome now.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    Sticks n Stones and Sheila are superb bits of song writing, 2 stand outs for me anyway. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13743
    Jfingers said:
    It's nice not to be ridiculed over this, I feel ever so slightly more welcome now.

Well, you clearly have power over men.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was into panic prevention - it reminded me of the specials for reasons I can't understand - but also there was some real touching songwriting going on there too.... I understand that, like many, Jamie has his demons and battles which may have impacted on his career...... I'd love to hear more from him - we need more Jamie T's in my view. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7521
    Is that the guy who makes stupid faces for a living on youtube?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Is that the guy who makes stupid faces for a living on youtube?
    Not that I'm aware of. Perhaps his musical talent has let him down? I doubt it though.
    I was into panic prevention - it reminded me of the specials for reasons I can't understand - but also there was some real touching songwriting going on there too.... I understand that, like many, Jamie has his demons and battles which may have impacted on his career...... I'd love to hear more from him - we need more Jamie T's in my view. 

I agree with this entire post. I also get Squeeze, Madness, Ian Dury, a dash of The Clash. Plenty going on.
    Emily's Heart is a real tearjerker. I also like The Streets for similar reasons.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    I got Carry on the Grudge on the back of Zombie.. Whilst I like that song a lot, I didn't really like the rest of the album and more of less forgot about him till this thread :) Should really check out the earlier stuff