SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: PRS 408

Deciding to move on my 2014 PRS 408. It's a lovely example with a fantastic top in charcoal burst, no fret wear and a great setup!

McCarty thickness body
Pattern neck profile
Jumbo frets (rare for PRS!)
Phase III tuners, Gen III trem
408 pickups w/ the dip switches to tap the coils - basically the selling point of this guitar.
Comes with official hardcase, case candy and hang tag etc
Backplate is signed by Paul Reed Smith, if that's your kinda thing!

This model is supremely versatile for a double humbucker guitar. The dip switches split the pickups and add 1500 turns (I think) back from the other coil to fatten the split out and make it into a 'true single coil' tone. Having the ability to split one of both of the pickups is the 4 coils and 8 sounds.

Guitar is in excellent condition save for one tiny ding on the top - pictured - and some lacquer misting on the edges, which is fairly common for PRS of this era.

Looking for £2,100 posted. 

Will also consider trades for Fender Custom Shop Strats or Teles, Suhr, Anderson, Xotic, or other PRS (maybe a 509?) some Gibson and similar high end brands.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4324
    Either I'm going mad, or you had a FS thread up for this lovely beast a week or so ago, no?

Regardless, I have a set of black pickup rings from PRS for one of those going spare for yourself/whoever buys it for the princely sum of nothing. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandomGeckoRandomGecko Frets: 321
    Haha no, I initially was selling then thought about moving my 22 instead but the 22 has a job on a gig I'm doing so I'm gonna move the 408 on!
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24930
    Lovely!