SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: All original 1967 Gibson ES335(SOLD pending )

What's Hot
jakeollyjakeolly Frets: 121
edited March 2022 in Guitars £
 Beautiful Gibson 1967 ES335 all original ( including case and key!) Good frets, just a little lacquer cracking but nothing you can feel. A couple of small pieces of lacquer off shown in a photo but all the rest intact and not moving  Played acoustically it sounds loud and feels great . Plug it in and it got all the classic 335 tones. Not going to list what is original, its ALL original!.( except the case handle,) All switches and pots are clean and silent, tuners work fine, 40mm. nut perfect and neck angle as it should be, original reflector knobs and I just took the pickups out to photograph and i reckon its the first time the surround screws had been touched . Yes that is the original key in its envelope.
Reason for selling? Guilt really,  I don’t play it often( or well)enough to be the rightful custodian. I really hope someone on here buys it and i don't have to resort to Reverb or worse .
Just off J30 of the M1 Nice amps and tea and biscuits await serious buyers. But please no tyre kickers 
The ( crazy) market suggests around £8k, but I’ll settle for £6,500 Not posting but happy to pack and be here  for courier if you arrange. 

0reaction image LOL 30reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2102
    Very nice….

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jakeollyjakeolly Frets: 121
    Thanks Spark much obliged 
    Post weekend bump 
  • PaulButtPaulButt Frets: 49
    Good lord
  • selexisselexis Frets: 50
    This is absolutely stunning!
    Thanks chaps. 
    Any interest ?
  • scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
    As old as me but in rather better condition…
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1426
    Great price!
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1679
    Lovely.

Can I ask how you date it to ‘67? Because the crown inlay position and the reflector knobs tell me ‘66. Do you know any of the pot codes? I understand if not, they are a pain to see. 

Lovely guitar once more.

Rob
    edited March 2022
    @hyperben agreed
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 928
    Ossyrocks said:
    Lovely.

Can I ask how you date it to ‘67? Because the crown inlay position and the reflector knobs tell me ‘66. Do you know any of the pot codes? I understand if not, they are a pain to see. 

Lovely guitar once more.

Rob
    I’m guessing off the serial which puts it as a 68, but as we know serials we’re reused at this time. Interestingly the f holes don’t look the enlarged edges ones that came in 68 but it’s hard to compare as I’m on my iPhone. A 68 would also have a bit more meat to the neck than a 67 albeit still with the narrow nut.
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2479
    Ossyrocks said:
    Lovely.

Lovely guitar once more.

Rob
    Wide bevel guard as well, I think you’re right
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 928
    tomajoha said:
    Ossyrocks said:
    Lovely.

Lovely guitar once more.

Rob
    I’m guessing off the serial which puts it as a 68, but as we know serials we’re reused at this time. Interestingly the f holes don’t look the enlarged edges ones that came in 68 but it’s hard to compare as I’m on my iPhone. A 68 would also have a bit more meat to the neck than a 67 albeit still with the narrow nut.
    What am I talking about serial number puts it at 67 not 68, and yes does seem to have 66 features.

Apologies I must have been smoking something last night

minus 100 wis :)
    The serial number is still probably the least reliable method of accurately dating the guitar though. As you say, features are everything and that crown inlay and those knobs (assuming they are original) point to '66.

Please would somebody buy this! 
    edited March 2022
    Thanks everybody. Great place to learn stuff here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sunday bump 
    Thursday bump