Resolectric build

I've been experimenting with electric resonators and cone amplification for many years, finally made a solid body that I can plug in direct and sound good. The body was a reject from Vermont builder Scott MacDonald, the rest is from my parts bin.
Look forward to hearing from any folks here interested in this area.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 705
    Saw this whenever you posted it on the MM forum and liked it a lot. Prefer the sounds you're getting to any I've heard from Scott MacDonald's guitars!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • From what I can see on the vid, that looks nice and it sounds fantastic. That's a beautiful sound.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • NPPNPP Frets: 237
    From what I can see on the vid, that looks nice and it sounds fantastic. That's a beautiful sound.
    what he says!

• BramleyBramley Frets: 12
    barnstorm said:
    Saw this whenever you posted it on the MM forum and liked it a lot. Prefer the sounds you're getting to any I've heard from Scott MacDonald's guitars!

Thanks. Yes , I'm not sure what piezo Scott uses but the clips om his site sound tinny. Unfortunate because his bodies clearly can sound great . Experimenting is the key but with a reso pulling the thing apart and reassembling dozens of times is fiddly and deters many :}