SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PSA: bargain for someone. Fazely Hot Rod £60

What's Hot
pruddprudd Frets: 682
spotted this, might be of interest to some Fretboarders.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334355818103?hash=item4dd928e677:g:HIAAAOSwZC5iJnKP

no affiliation to this
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4321
    Isn’t that what they were going for new anyway though?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    Isn’t that what they were going for new anyway though?

No Idea, maybe not so good then :s
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13337
    edited January 2023
    Resurrecting this.

I bought a surf green Fazely Hot Rod for £69 with the intention of, errm, hot-rodding it.  Plan was to use it for slide.  I replaced all the hardware with black stuff - some inexpensive black locking tuners, black bridge, volume knob, neck plate, jack socket, strap buttons, string trees.  I got an Iron Gear Hammerhead pickup for cut-price Tom Delonge look plus a new pot and cap.  Finally got some 12s to fit on it when I was done.  However, before I could get the p/up and a new black Tusq nut fitted...

...I lost interest.  I bought a couple of new guitars in the interim and they absorbed any spare time I had.  So the poor old Fazely languished unloved and unfinished in a spare room.  No point in selling it - more trouble than it'd be worth.  And then I remembered a friend's 14 year-old daughter, who is a really talented bass player (and I mean really talented).  He mentioned that she was starting to show an interest in guitar, so I finally dropped it off with them today.  He's a guitarist and perfectly capable of getting it up and running for her with any further mods she might want/need.  She was so chuffed bless her and I'm dying to see what it finally turns out like and hear her playing it.  Frankly it was my most enjoyable hour for some time.

For the money it was ridiculously good.  Baseball bat neck but with a nice smooth unfinished feel, decent fretwork and a straight neck.  Paintwork not flawless but for £69, good enough.

So... did anyone else buy one?  I seem to remember @HarrySeven got one with the intention of fitting a Bigsby to it...

* EDIT - this should really be in Guitars
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15014
    I believe that H7 moved his green Fazely HR on last year. (For once, not to me!) 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2435
    I picked up a tele for £60, cut and fitted a new bone nut, put it down to let the new strings settle or some other bullshit, and I don't think its left the stand since.
    good for the money, but I wouldn't say good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3030
    I would like to acquire a Fazeley Hot Rod, especially if it has a fat boy neck