FROM 12 to 4

BeexterBeexter Frets: 621

Having thought I'd got my pedal board sorted, GAS reared it's head again and I've been on a bit of a splurge - you know how it is. I play in a covers band with a wide repertoire of styles, songs and eras and previously relied on about 12 pedals including: TU2 tuner, Dyna Comp, Tech 21 Double Drive, AA Green Russian Muff, RAT, Modded SD-1, NS-2 Noise Suppressor, Small Stone Phaser, Boss TR-2 Tremelo, Boss CE-5 chorus and a DD-7 delay. I have now managed to get my pedal board down from 12 pedals to just four and I'm really pleased with the variety of tones I can get. Current chain is : Xotic SP Comp -> Xotic SL Drive ->T-Rex Moller ->Amp Vox Night Train 50) with a Zoom MS70CDR in the loop.

The Zoom has a built in tuner which is perfectly adequate and I usually have a reverb running permanently and just switch in the other mod effects and delay as and when needed. It is a fantastically useful pedal and an absolute steal. The Moller also has a built in separate boost which is ideal for lifting the volume for solos or pushing the front end of the Vox. The 2 Xotic's are just plain awesome and in a tiny footprint too.

Compared to my previous set up, this is really straightforward and the sounds are great. Sometimes, less is more.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7783
    Yep - went on that journey myself - at one point I had 6 different dirt pedals alone, then the rest of a covers setup too. It was crazy.

I ended up with Wah, drive, boost, delay, trem (and I suppose even that is a lot but it felt tiny!)
    Red ones are better. 
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Only 6 dirt pedals, slackers......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)