SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Gibson Les Paul 1957RI R7 Custom Shop - Goldtop

What's Hot
AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
edited March 2022 in Guitars £
My yearly listens to Duane Allman on rotation, buys Les Paul, plays it for a few weeks and then sells it.
Well this is the 2022 edition ( check my older posts for previous )

I'm not 100% on moving this on but I've seen something I want which hardly comes up and is a bit more me.

So enough with the waffle. It's a 2016 Custom Shop 57RI. It feels light for a Les Paul I was really taken by its weight and balance in the shop. It actually comes in at 8lbs 12 oz which surprised me. 

The Gibson website had 3 variations of the 57RI for 2016 and this the Antique Gold Gloss variation. They have the neck profile as period correct 50s neck rather than an actual year, to me it feels like 59 neck.

Condition wise it has a bit of lacquer cracking to the top, very common with Goldtops and a small scape on the binding. Apart from that its in excellent condition... 

Plays and sounds like a proper Re-Issue LP does... I really like the custom bucker pickups they have that warm fat tone but with a bit more jangle... I always describe a really good sounding Les Paul like a super fat tele and this one has that.

http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/Custom/Standard-Historic-1957-Les-Paul-Goldtop.aspx

Looking for £2700 and collection from either Stockport/ South Manchester. 

Any questions send me a DM.

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3332
    Are you throwing in the matching cat? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
    Happily! Been trying to get rid of that moody sod for years!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    Beautiful guitar. GLWTS.

And whatever some people might say, I think those '80s kitchens look cool. Don't strip it out and put a modern one in, whatever you do.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Another vote for the decor, I meant guitar. 
  • photekphotek Frets: 1495
    AlexO said:
    That’s the tortoiseshell guard surely!

R7 is lovely :+1: 
    Thanks for the comments.

Had a few messages about shipping. I’m happy to get a guitar box and packaging it safely if the buyer wants to arrange the shipping themselves.

Also happy to consider trades for hollow/ semi body guitars.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7254
    edited March 2022
    Great looking guitar, my R7 looks like it has been in a battle compared to yours! GLWTS
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3332
    AlexO said:

!! Beautiful guitar GLWS
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    AlexO said:

Warning to prospective buyer. That cat went for me - they all do, to be fair. Just saying, though. You must wear gloves when approaching. And a fencing mask.

Beautiful guitar Alex - GLWTS!
    Call me Dave.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    DB1 said:
    Warning to prospective buyer. That cat went for me - they all do, to be fair. Just saying, though. You must wear gloves when approaching. And a fencing mask.
    Dave, are you talking about the actual cat? Or are you talking about Alex, in Keith Richards-style?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    edited March 2022
    Hattigol said:
    DB1 said:
    Dave, are you talking about the actual cat? Or are you talking about Alex, in Keith Richards-style?
    Dave’s a bit of a jazzer so who really knows. Pretty sure he had a goatee and a beret on last time I saw him.
    Hattigol said:
    DB1 said:

Alex of course. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
    Call me Dave.
    AlexO said:
    Hattigol said:
    DB1 said:
    Dave’s a bit of a jazzer so who really knows. Pretty sure he had a goatee and a beret on last time I saw him.

Yes, just a goatee and beret. Nothing else, but thanks for not mentioning that. :o
    Call me Dave.
  • edenfield99edenfield99 Frets: 349
    I already have the matching cat (but much nicer by the sounds of it, mine didn’t attack Dave). Do I get a discount if you keep the cat?

If only I could afford it either way. Lovely guitar!
  • slugeliseslugelise Frets: 117
    Sent you a message alex
  • slugeliseslugelise Frets: 117
     =)  <3

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom