Fulltone OCD...

ElxElx Frets: 412
...why didn't you guys tell me that such a pedal exists!? :)

Somehow it slipped under my radar all these years, but now I've discovered my favourite OD!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickersticker Frets: 870

were you aware that the Joyo Ultimate drive is a clone of the OCD and the side by side Youtube vids are quite convincing ?

I've got the Joyo and think it's a terrific pedal with a very wide range of very useable sounds .

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I've had two in the past. They're cool little pedals.
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    I got the Danelectro clone to begin with (still got it actually) and then ended up getting the real thing after liking it a lot.  The real thing has more options as it has the lp/hp switch and will also take 9-18v and I prefer it at the higher voltage, currently it's plugged into a 12v tap.  Not tried the Joyo.
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    sticker said:

were you aware that the Joyo Ultimate drive is a clone of the OCD and the side by side Youtube vids are quite convincing ?

I've got the Joyo and think it's a terrific pedal with a very wide range of very useable sounds .

The Joyo is sort of a mash of several different versions of the OCD - bought one a couple of years ago as a backup for my real OCD, and ended up selling the real one as I wasn't using it due to preferring the Joyo.  Not the expected turn of events, by any means!

-- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11545
    Following on from @Fuzzdog, the Joyo has features of the 2nd and 3rd versions of the original AFAIK.  I had a version 1 for years, which sounded great in isolation, but seemed to disappear in a mix as the mids are pretty flat.  I've now built myself a clone of a V4 which may not be quite as dynamic but it retains most of the character and has a bit more mid-range meat.

Would agree with @Shuikit about running it at a higher voltage.  I'm currently running mine at 12V.
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 667

I have a v4 running at 9v. I use it into a 50 watt Marsahll JCM800 low input and kick it in for crunch rhythm. Sounds fantastic and cleans up well well rolling off the volume on the guitar.

I would add that changing the valves recently from JJ's all round to Tungsol 12ax7's and Svetlana Winged 'C' EL34's really bought the amp to life and the OCD has benefitted from this greatly. It now seems much more touch responsive than it was before.

• MattGMattG Frets: 170
    I run mine as a kind of lead channel with my Swart and it sounds fantastic, some interesting opinions here as i actually prefer running mine at 9 volts as i'm having to kranck the gain up quite high and am running it on LP mode as the HP doesn't seem to agree with the swart but the LP sounds fantastic!
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 192
    The OCD is my favourite drive pedal ever. I also own a Joyo UD which anyone is welcome to buy for £20. You can set them up to sound the same, but where I find it simples to set up the OCD, the Joyo requires a lot of attention to avoid it sounding crap instead of great. At the end of the day, I just couldn't be bothered with it.