SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN: Vigier Shawn Lane Master for Suhr or £1950

What's Hot
EvoEvo Frets: 325
edited June 2022 in Guitars £
Hello all!

It's me again, back with my revolving door of guitar gear.

I suppose "want to trade" isn't really accurate in this case but "think I should probably consider trading for something that I'll use a bit more" doesn't quite have the same ring to it. 

I waited a good few years for one of these to crop up, and when it did I made sure I got it. This was/is a definite bucket list guitar for me, and for those that are curious I can definitely confirm that it's a unique thing. If you want one, then I haven't found anything else which feels the same (despite buying several Vigier's and Ibanez's whilst I was waiting for one to appear).

If you want the easiest guitar to shred on, this is it. Everything about the spec of this instrument is designed to facilitate ease of playing from the shorter scale length through to the infinite (completely flat) radius. This is what it's designed for, and what it does very well. 

The fact is, as happy as I am that I have found "the best" guitar for that, I don't really get to do that on my gigs. I get to play mostly pop, funk, and soul...and if I behave myself then they sometimes throw in "beat it" for me to have a bit of fun. 

So, I thought I'd see if anyone has a suhr/Anderson/PRS or similar that they'd want to trade for it. Strat-ish shaped, either HH or HSH or HSS. Preferably a non-locking trem but not a dealbreaker. If it's PRS then it needs some variant of thin neck and preferably 24 frets.

I also have a few zero fret segments I'll throw in with it too.

Cash price £1950

Based in Market Harborough

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hey, this is one of my bucket list guitars also. 

I currently have a Suhr Classic Antique HSS in Surf Green with a roasted maple neck that might be of interest: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/3216510#Comment_3216510

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvoEvo Frets: 325
    @Curtparrguitar that is indeed of interest, and based in Nottingham too? 

I thought I had that box ticked with my schecter HSS nick johnston but that Suhr does look tasty. This may be sacrilege, but any idea if it's routed HSS or HSH? 
  • @Evo I am, in the city centre too! 

The Nick Johnstons are great, the neck on the suhr is definitely chunkier however. 

I've just checked and It is just routed as just HSS. 
    Despite having (and loving) the Nick Johnston, I am severely tempted by that @Curtparrguitar ;

In my mind, my ideal trade was some kind of HH Suhr modern type thing with a 510 style bridge, so my head is telling me to give it a little bit of time just in case something like that crops up. But if nothing turns up then expect a PM...
  • That's fair, it's always good to have a clear idea what you want for a trade. Waiting for these guitars helps you practice patience haha. 

Did you have a cash price in mind? 

It's a tricky one to price up if I'm honest, that's one of the reasons I opted to go for a trade rather than straight f/s post. 

I've taken a quick look and by pure coincidence it looks like guitarguitar have actually just started stocking new vigiers. Their current pre-order price on a Shawn Lane master is £3k so I guess somewhere in the £1750-£2250 range depending where I was selling it and the circumstances. 
    Bump and updated with a cash price of £1950
    Bump!

With a slight addition...I'm feeling the Musicman Luke 3s at the moment so there's another to add to the potential trade list.
    Bump!
    Bump!
    Bump! watcha got out there folks?
    edited May 2022
    Bump! Have some new pictures!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stanstan Frets: 190
    Hi, has this model got the SS frets ?  thanks.
    There isn’t a definitive yes/no in the vigier specs, but from what I’ve gathered they started using SS frets in 2010 and there are a few sites listing the Shawn Lane as having stainless steel. 

So based on what I can see on the guitar and those facts I’m leaning towards a yes on the stainless steel. 

Just an FYI as well, I switched in the replacement zero fret segments the other day so they’ll be on the guitar rather than supplied as spares. 
  • stanstan Frets: 190
    Any idea what year it was made in ?  thanks.
    2018 I believe
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 380
    there’s a Luke 3 that can be purchased at Moto M6 if you sell the Vigier
    Cheers @Catthan ;

I’ll bear that in mind. Hope the HX FX is treating you well!
    Bump!
    One last bump!

I’m going to give this one last bump because I do have a Suhr itch that’s getting rashy, but then if it doesn’t go after this one then it’s getting withdrawn. 

Based on some rumblings I’ve heard through the grapevine I have a strong suspicion that I’ll regret letting this go in the long run unless it gets replaced by a real keeper. So I’ll be holding on if that’s the way it goes.