SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN: Vigier Shawn Lane Master for Suhr or £1950

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• EvoEvo Frets: 325
    Turns out the rumblings through the grapevine were more than rumblings and actually, Vigier are no longer taking new orders for guitars with a view to clearing their back orders and stopping production completely in 2023. 

So with that in mind, knowing I won’t be able to get hold of a new one if I regret it, I’m going to keep hold of this now and withdraw it from sale.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3593
    Evo said:
    Turns out the rumblings through the grapevine were more than rumblings and actually, Vigier are no longer taking new orders for guitars with a view to clearing their back orders and stopping production completely in 2023. 

So with that in mind, knowing I won’t be able to get hold of a new one if I regret it, I’m going to keep hold of this now and withdraw it from sale.

Well done! For what it's worth, I play all styles on my Shawn Lane. I find it to be a very versatile and comfortable guitar to play.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It’s easily the easiest guitar to play I’ve ever owned. 

It sounds fine if I just plug in and set what I need but if I compare it directly with another guitar then it does have a harsh, thin-ness to the tone I wish I didn’t notice. 

Maybe a set of bare knuckles and some new pots will sort it out. 
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3593
    Evo said:
    It’s easily the easiest guitar to play I’ve ever owned. 

It sounds fine if I just plug in and set what I need but if I compare it directly with another guitar then it does have a harsh, thin-ness to the tone I wish I didn’t notice. 

Maybe a set of bare knuckles and some new pots will sort it out. 
    It's the 1 meg pots, I think. For funk, soul, jazz, etc I stick to the middle 3 positions. 
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 378
    @Evo, ;Out of interest, where did you get your zero fret segments from? Think I’d like a couple of sets if they’re going to stop production  :'(
    Wildwire sorted mine out for me. 

I’ve heard support may be continuing once production stops, but that may be hopeful optimism. It sounds like production is winding down because Patrice is retiring. 

Worst case scenario, it wouldn’t be too difficult or expensive for any reasonable repair guy to install a traditional zero fret. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4048
    Let's club together and buy the factory, I'm sure this would be a great enterprise with no downsides
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    prlgmnr said:
    Let's club together and buy the factory, I'm sure this would be a great enterprise with no downsides
    Tell that to the folks that took over Patrick Eggle…
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 378
    Thanks Evo. I’ll drop them a message.