NPD: More Wampler Euphori-awe.

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 31255
As someone who subscribes to the Pete Cornish Fanboi club in spades, finding a distortion pedal that wows me is very rare.

I'm a dirt snob- Pete is brilliant in this regard and his pedals have few peers, especially the P1 and CC1, both £500!

However, the one pedal that consistantly has me wowed is the Wampler Euphoria. It is quite sensational. The low gain "smooth' setting is absolutely sublime and nails the Another Brick lead tone. The grittier side goes all the way up to muff territory and retains the character and phrasing that other pedals simply lose.

The tone and dirt controls are very interactive so you need to tweak it (possibly it's too tweakable)

So I just bought another. And again it's blown me away. I did b2b it with a CC1 and the CC1 is margainally better at the light OD in terms of separation and phrasing, but not £350 better.

This pedal is truly the king of Low-Med OD. People rave over Timmy's and Zens, but this is the kiddie for me.

It gets 5 Gassage Stars for sure. Awesome thing.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    I'm not familiar with the sounds of the Cornish pedals, although obviously am aware of their aura and the following that they get. So for something to impress you, sounds like a winner.

I really like Wampler pedals. They are just one of those brands for me, like Suhr and Eventide, that deliver on your hopes.

Congrats :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31255
    I'm not familiar with the sounds of the Cornish pedals, although obviously am aware of their aura and the following that they get. So for something to impress you, sounds like a winner.

I really like Wampler pedals. They are just one of those brands for me, like Suhr and Eventide, that deliver on your hopes.

Congrats :-)
    Dan at Gigrig is a huge fan too. That says it all.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've just bought a Euphoria. Early days but I think its a keeper! Definitely a great pedal for a low OD sound through a clean channel, if your amps dirty channel is over gained for more rootsy stuff!
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    @Gassage glad you like it  :D

• johnhejohnhe Frets: 192
    It's an awesome pedal for sure.