Beat Club Strat

Bit bored this morning, so I watched a few old music videos and came across a 1972 episode of Beat Club, with the Wired line up of the Jeff Beck group, Cozy Powell on drums.

Interesting to see JB still using a pick on a strat here, and his stripped Les Paul was leaning up against his stack, sadly it never gets plugged in.

It got me thinking about a few bits I had lying about, mainly a nice ash body and a set of Bareknuckle Apaches, so I thought what the hell, it gives me an excuse to at least play something ( it has been difficult ).

I didn’t take pics as I was working, but I am pretty happy with the results.

I robbed the neck and trem off one of my Frankensteins, I decided I could live with one less, and I do like the neck ( Allparts SMO Fat ), and wanted to try and get a vintage style strat trem to actually stay in tune ( something that appears to happen in the video ).

It all went together pretty easily, hardest part was deciding how much to shim the neck, and at this point I have failed in getting the trem to work with any tuning stability, maybe I am using too heavy strings to get it in the ballpark, and I’ll have another go when it has settled in a bit.

So here it is, the ‘Beck’s Beat Club Strat’,  I know it is a bit ugly, but it has a certain charm, to me at least.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments