Beatbuddy

hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
This popped up on my Facebook page today so thought I'd take a look. Aside from the overly-ethusiastic, slightly annoying presentation, could be a good idea for live performances if you want control over the beat rather than just playing to a pre-recorded track.

Anyway, never hurts to share the awareness.....

http://mybeatbuddy.com/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited August 2014
    I currently use a Linn III and Looper but I'd be interested in a drum machine - but only if it's midi sync-able.

ooh it is :D
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    There were a couple of threads when the kickstarter campaign was running. It was featured in one of those "Tone Report Daily" news thingys on youtube.

I've not read the specs of demos since then, but I do wonder how it'd sound into a guitar amp (isn't the idea that it just sits in your pedal chain?)...or if you'd need to split the signal and run that it the PA. Or is it mainly aimed at acoustic artists in which case I guess it'd be fine running into an acoustic amp.

• It looks neat.

I think it will be great for jazzers and street musicians for sure.
  • smigeonsmigeon Frets: 294
    I think I like it! That said, I suspect it might be one of those things I'd buy and play with for a week with great enthusiasm and then itsits in the cupboard - I have Pigtronix infinity looper that I went through that cycle with.

Would be nice if things like this were software and run on a laptop or tablet with an external generic footswitch controller. For home use at least, would beat having multiple hardware gadgets to break/lose/store/fall over...
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1008
    Looks good but from what I've read I think it's going to be about £350. Way too much in my opinion. Perhaps some other companies will put out something similar at a sensible price.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    agreed far too much considering a drum machine can be bought for less.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    It's a hefty sum for sure. Perhaps other builders will create their own version?