SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

2008 Gibson Historic '59 RI 335 for sale

What's Hot
shugzshugz Frets: 774
edited April 2022 in Guitars £
Hi folks,

Selling my 2008 '59 Gibson Historic RI 335 (Nashville). Beautiful ES and will be sad to see it go. Pics:

https://imgur.com/a/VYvay9N

Condition about a solid 8/10 so been played and gigged etc, some overall marks and signs of use. Fully setup though, clean and tidy frets, fresh strings (11s) and with uprated CTS pots and pio caps so the controls are good! Gig ready. Overall condition is really good and dare I say it, feels very vintagey or at least on its way there. Genuinely not just sales patter, I've been fortunate to own vintage ES guitars over the years and this is a really credible one even compared to the oldies.

Comes with original Gibson hard case (needs a new handle as improv repair in place but working fine!) and genuinely is a lovely guitar. I have another Nashville 335 which has sentimental attachment for me but I do think this one shades it in terms of guitar but I'll keep my other one due to that reason alone. I don't really need two, funds will go towards probably a vintage piece of some sort.

Any further info needed just holler. More pics no problem and available on request. Guitar can be bought on approval too - within reason if it's not what you expected or anything like that we can reverse no problem.

£3000 SOLD

(ideally we meet to do the deal/ handover etc as I'm not really wanting to courier this)

I think I have priced this fairly but always happy to chat guitars and sensible deals. Not after trades thanks.

Guitar is located in the Glasgow area and I can be contacted here via PM or:

shooyboyatgmaildotcom

Please let me know if a PM is sent as the notifications here don't always work and I'm not on here every minute of the day. If you need anything quick just send an email.

Thanks again for looking, cheers
Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2077
    Stunning GLWTS @shugz ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sergiosergio Frets: 116
    Such a beautiful guitar should not be hidden behind a link =)  GLWTS

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • shugzshugz Frets: 774
    Thank you kindly both @CMW335 and @sergio ;

Much appreciated,
    H

www.proudhoney.com

335 still available,

H

www.proudhoney.com

Bumpola for a nice ES :)

H

www.proudhoney.com

Priced drop to £3000 for the weekend payday millionaires.

Great guitar this, get it bought. Thanks to all for the interest so far,

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• tomajohatomajoha Frets: 928
    Great price for a nashville-made 335 and buy with confidence from the shugzster
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Ten whole pounds of Queen's folding winging it's way.....

Thank you kind sir - it's a lovely ES so this is, as the cliche goes, 'priced to sell'. We'll see though, knowing me it'll hang around with the others here as they all seem to like to stay.

Hope you are doing well :)

Cheers 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

Did a few quick demos, nothing much - fonecam and front room but in case anyone on the fence. Probably be off it after these but thems the breaks eh...? ;) :)

Cheers 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

335 still available.

Cheers 
    H

www.proudhoney.com

edited March 2022
    Nice 335 still available. Genuinely a nice player and sounder - the Steve Marriott fan boy in me means it's getting close to staying here at Shugz Towers. Edit - Another rotten demo just added, look away now:

But, as I'm a fool for a pretty face, I'll say no more. 

H

www.proudhoney.com

• artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    If anyone is seriously looking for a great 335, they should be looking here. The Nashville Custom Shop Historic reissues are as good as it gets. I have a blonde '63 historic from 2006, having owned more than few a vintage and modern 335's, this one has stayed with me for 16 years and is going nowhere.

GLWTS 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thank you very much @artiebear :) that is really good if you.

I got this recently in a part trade from the original owner. Genuinely hand on heart, if my other Gibson Nash (63 RI) didn't have sentimental attachment then that one would be going and I'd be keeping this. I've been lucky to own a few nice old ones as well as good quality reissues and this one is well up there either vintage or reissue.

Hopefully this and the Gretsches I've got will be off to their new homes soon as they are playing havoc with my bank balance if I decide to keep them! 

Many thanks 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    Got my 63 RI from GG Glasgow . Went  to buy the Clapton CS , the 63  RI  blew it away . Big Bill agreed.  :)
    The Clapton 335? Not many of those out there. I do rate my 63 RI highly too, ok it's not quite vintage accurate in many ways (even compared to the modern 63 RIs) but its a great guitar in its own right.

Glad you're enjoying yours too :)

Cheers 
    H

www.proudhoney.com

Sunday funday bump.

335 still available and £3000 ono delivered. Lovely ES so go treat yourself before I change my mind.

Cheers 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

edited April 2022
    335 SOLD.

My thanks to all for the interest in this ES.

Cheers 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com