SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: GSP Flame Koa / Korina semi-hollow S-type, solid rosewood neck, flame maple board WITHDRAWN

What's Hot
uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 320
edited September 2022 in Guitars £

I ordered this S-Type back from Graham back in 2016 but it was only completed late last year. I’d just sold on my main guitar, an Ibanez RG, and wanted something with a bit more of a vintage vibe and a guitar that would age well, my RG looked basically new after a few years hard playing! So I wanted a nitro finish and all-nickel hardware so all the metal parts are nickel, not chrome.

The body dimensions are Strat spec and it is constructed from chambered black korina with a Hawaiian figured Koa top and has a contoured heel. The neck is solid rosewood with a flame maple fingerboard and is attached with Grainger neck inserts.

The bridge is a non fine-tuner Floyd Rose with fat Floyd brass block with a pop-in arm and Original mounting studs. The bridge feels fantastic and there is also a Tremel-No allowing dive-only and fixed bridge operation.

The pickups are custom order Bare Knuckles with a VHII with burned polepices in the bridge and Irish Tour in the neck. Switching is via a 5-Way Schaller Megaswitch. The tuners are Hipshot open gear locking tuners with vintage buttons and there are Loxx straplocks. 

The finish is super-thin nitrocellulose lacquer expertly applied by Scott at SC Relics / Golden Era with the exception of an oiled back of the neck. I wanted a finish that was going to show its age quickly. It plays and sounds fantastic with a medium slim neck profile, 43mm nut, medium (nickel silver) frets. Sadly there’s a couple of dings from a guitar case lid but at least that’s the first ones out the way! A really lovely guitar. Includes padded gigbag, Looking for £900 £800 including shipping to UK / Ireland.

More pics on the album here. https://www.flickr.com/photos/159783676@N06/sets/72177720296054233/

This HH2X has a solid alder body, set maple neck with carbon fibre reinforcement rods, 20" radius ebony fingerboard, 24 jumbo stainless steel frets with an all-over Diamond Pearl White gloss finish.

Never gigged, immaculate condition, sounds fantastic both clean and overdriven. The playability is superb, it balances so well and with the jumbo frets and flat ebony board it just feels very slick. The regular Holdsworth neck profile is pretty substantial and this guitar has the thinner neck option which is a not-too-skinny rounded 'C' which suits both thumb over the top and flat on the back of the neck very comfortably. Weight is just 6.61lb / 2.89kg. £1500 £1400 plus shipping. 

***Sold for £1450 on eBay (using an 80% off selling fees offer)***

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments