SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD – FENDER CUSTOM SHOP 1962 RELIC JAZZMASTER

What's Hot
SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1635
edited March 2022 in Guitars £

FOR SALE – FENDER CUSTOM SHOP 1962 RELIC JAZZMASTER IN SONIC BLUE

I purchased this amazing 2008 Jazzmaster from @Hattigol ;;last month, and damn fine it is too. However, my second attempt (I tried a Classic Lacquer Jaguar in 2021) at a more traditional spec has failed miserably. So am reluctantly placing it up for sale (a first world problem if ever there was one).

I can truly say it is an incredible guitar. The pickups have both deep resonance and bright clarity – a real range of sound. All three positions are versatile, and when you roll some treble off the bridge you get a raspy almost p90ish bark – wonderful. The guitar itself is light; at the high 7lbs on my bathroom scales – but certainly sub 8lbs. The sonic blue is sublime, lovely checking and fading (I have tried to get it into the shots), lots of overall relicing and a really nice organic feel. I would say this is the most “vintagey” guitar I have played/owned outside of actual vintage. It is just great…but not for me.

Per Fender, the neck is a typical c-shape with .820 on the first fret and .900 on the twelfth and a 1.650 nut width with 45085 frets. Condition is as I received from Stephen (via @DB1 ;;thanks Dave !!) – so it performs very well. Excellent action and spot on intonation (courtesy of the superior Mastery bridge). It has a tiny bit of fret wear, but nothing that affects actual play. Complete with the original G&G hardcase, COA, booklet and sticker, plus tan Fender strap and of course the trem arm.

Priced at £2,750 - I have a G&G outer box so can ship insured at buyer’s expense although would prefer collection from sunny Bath.

Thanks for reading - Jem

Now sold - many thanks !

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7391
    I wanted this, and now I have no money 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Lovely guitar - I acted as a courier service (motto: 'more reliable than Hermes, less popular than Herpes') to facilitate it getting from Harrogate to Bath.  It stayed with me for a few weeks, which meant that it lasted longer than most of my actual guitars.

Just made sure everything was working a couple of times (as you do) and it's a beauty. I think that it's also the best looking Jazzmaster that I've seen. The relicing is fabulous.

GLWTS!
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1635
    DB1 said:

Just made sure everything was working a couple of times (as you do) and it's a beauty. I think that it's also the best looking Jazzmaster that I've seen. The relicing is fabulous.

Thanks Dave ! I think that deserves a new shot in the studio...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2479
    Oh my  :o
  • MajorDudeMajorDude Frets: 78
    That looks stunning. GLWTS
  • Signman62Signman62 Frets: 42
    Sent you a PM mate 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom