Mobile Phones - audio quality

I have a bog stock BT landline, my gf has a mobile phone. Sometimes its almost impossible to talk to her because the audio breaks up, sometimes whole words get lost, other times its just some syllables, but whenever there's this breakup happening, the audio you do hear is distorted and lacking in treble content. This phenomenon occurs 3 or 4 days a week (and it's consistent on any one day - hanging up and redialling doesn't help). On other days she comes across loud & clear. I'm under the impression that she rarely has the same trouble hearing me. I'd hazard a guess that there's a data concentrator somewhere that's throwing data packets away because it hasn't the capacity to route them, but I admit this is only a guess. Has anyone any thoughts about an explanation or cure?
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3598
    Does it occur when you both use landlines or both use nubiles? Of course the land line system is specifically set up to have restricted bandwidth on voice calls.
    I would be interested in the real technical answer because I often have similar when talking with my sister with both of us on nubile phones (often with blooteeth).
  • I don't use a mobile (but my gf is very nubile)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • Is it always when your gf is in the same area? Is it a cheap budget phone?
  • she's usually at her place. I don't know who the phone service provider is or the phone model. I get the impression she wouldn't buy top-of-the-range stuff.
  • Not relevant to this conversation but was listening to "tunes" on a mobile in the pub garden and the sound was significantly improved by dropping said phone into an empty pint pot
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk