Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10932
    Dave could play in the best band he's been in since Nirvana

Them Crooked Vultures

:)
    That would be awesome
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15278
    Tour dates are in the book for the remainder of this year. I cannot imagine the band being keen to fulfil those for a good while, if at all.

The one thing that can not be replaced is the interpersonal chemistry between band members. For illustration of this, dig up the old Dream Theater Portnoy replacement selection process videos. Several equally capable candidates tried out. The job went to the guy with whom the remaining four band members gelled best on a personal level.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Tour dates are in the book for the remainder of this year. I cannot imagine the band being keen to fulfil those for a good while, if at all.

The one thing that can not be replaced is the interpersonal chemistry between band members. For illustration of this, dig up the old Dream Theater Portnoy replacement selection process videos. Several equally capable candidates tried out. The job went to the guy with whom the remaining four band members gelled best on a personal level.
    Bon Scott died overnight on 20th Feb 1980. Brian Johnson was offered the job before the end of March the same year.
    Just cannot see DG being able to move on anything even remotely close to that quickly, if ever.

Personally, I think Zep made the right call when Bonzo died….but then again, I prefer Brian-era DC to Bon Scott, so what do I know?!

• LPManicLPManic Frets: 1223
    Yes, I'd say they are done. Dave will still make music and focus on other projects because the amount of things that he does suggests he wouldn't know what to do with himself.

Also, you would imagine that Taylor's death didn't just come out of the blue. I'm sure they knew that things were going on. I would say that there are other things going on with other people in the band too. I'm sure that they will all need time away. 

And the final thing to say that the Foo Fighters is really all Dave Grohl. But it is also the chemistry between Dave and Taylor. The rest of the band, even to an extent Pat Smear, add very little. So with Dave and Taylor's thing gone forever they won't continue. 

Best of luck to all of them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom