SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Fender Stratocaster

Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 445
edited April 2022 in Guitars £
Hi, just wondered if anything was around and unwanted! I’m looking for pretty standard fare:
  • 6 screw vintage trem (ie not the two-post trem) - essential
  • Rosewood board - essential;
  • V neck - ideally;
  • Big 70s type headstock - ideally;
  • 3 single coils - essential;
  • Not red, green, blue or yellow!
  • Must have a hard case.
Ideally US but not averse to Mexican or Japanese.  I’m also not looking for very high end (so not. Custom Shop jobby).  Signature. Odell are fine, too (Chris Rea, Robert Cray, Jimmie Vaughan, Eric Johnson).

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JJ72JJ72 Frets: 68
    edited March 2022
    Somebody  was selling a Jimmie Vaughan strat ( black) on here a few weeks ago and I don't recall it being sold....really good price too.
    If you look through the listing long enough. I'm sure you'll find 
  • Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 445
    edited March 2022
    I think that one sold (it was BluesyDave’s IIRR).  Thanks though. I’d buy it if not.  I’m in Norwich next week, too! 
    Broadened the range a bit
  • JonnyBgoodeJonnyBgoode Frets: 118
    With your spec above I'd say you are looking at a partscaster. Tough to get a rosewood board V profile neck, apart from the Eric Johson (blue) model i can't think of any Fender Strats that have one.
    Thanks @JonnyBgoode.  I am flexible on the list.  I’m going to avoid a partscaster this time round.  The Johnson Strat is a good shout.