SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: J Joye Roadmaster Semi Hollow £400

What's Hot
DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 4071
edited April 2022 in Guitars £
Bonjour tout le monde ! Here we have for sale a unique semi-hollow, aluminium topped, P90 equipped beauty, made by French luthier Jeremy Joye in northern France.

I bought it from @JerkMoans of this parish, who I believe bought it from @dazzajl , also of this parish. 

It's been great fun while it's lasted, but it's on the chopping block as I'm looking to sell 2 or 3 guitars to fund a "turning 40 midlife crisis" splurge on something a bit special.

Specs:

Body - alder semi-hollow with center block, aluminium engraved top

Neck - maple C shape, 25.5" scale, 22 frets. Ebony 9.5"radius fingerboard, clay dots. Bone nut. Nut width 42mm (1.65"), 1st fret thickness 23mm (.826"), 12th fret thickness (0.905"). 

Electronics - 2 single coil vintage classic, AlNico5, 1vol, 1 tone, 3 way switch 

Hardware - short bridge, brass saddles (upgraded to Wilkinson by previous owner), vintage tuners. 

Finish - sonic blue, neck has an amber Danish oil finish. 

It's light, super resonant and the pickups (handwound by a French pickup winder from the Calais area) are really quite nice. They have a nice P90 honkiness to them, without sounding at all as harsh and brittle as you might expect P90s screwed into metal to be! 

Link to original FS thread here, with considerably better photos then I can take:

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/212299/

Link to the luthier's original Reverb ad:

J.Joye roadmaster 2020 sonic blue https://reverb.com/item/32773106?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=android-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=32773106

Just looking to get back what I paid for it.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Link to some more of my own half arsed photography  https://imgur.com/gallery/0MhXZHB
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    how cool is that ? GLWTS 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • THR1LLHAU5THR1LLHAU5 Frets: 181
    Awesome looking thing! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Intrigued by this, how would you describe the tones on this ? 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Intrigued by this, how would you describe the tones on this ? 

Resonant and nice and bright acoustically. Plugged in it's surprisingly versatile sounding. I expected it to be really quite angry sounding with P90s screwed straight into metal. However, i think they must be pretty low output (no idea on the actual measurements), as they're surprisingly clean and sweet sounding. Definitely has that semi-hollow "airiness" to it. 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6077
    Intrigued by this, how would you describe the tones on this ? 

Resonant and nice and bright acoustically. Plugged in it's surprisingly versatile sounding. I expected it to be really quite angry sounding with P90s screwed straight into metal. However, i think they must be pretty low output (no idea on the actual measurements), as they're surprisingly clean and sweet sounding. Definitely has that semi-hollow "airiness" to it. 
    From what I remember Jeremy has the pickups wound for his guitars individually and these did feel like a perfect match for it. I thought they were pretty low output too, so more sweet and soulful than grit and punch. Though they do sound great with some OD added too.

Kinda wish I still had this one  :3
  • Sorry folks, now sold to a local connoisseur of French luthierie. It's off to join a collection of Trussarts and Le Papes! 
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 831
    Thank goodness for that
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom