Has anyone tried Mojo Pickups - Soapbar Gold Foils

What's Hot
Hi there,

I have a couple of Marc's pups and they are awesome, so in my current build I am looking at trying out some of his Gold Foils in the Soapbar shape, the Soapbar M Foil to be more precise.

Does anyone have any experience with these? It would be great to know what you think about his take on the Zenon and/or DeArmond flavours he offers.

Thanks for your time! Once I get started I will post progress on the build!.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have two of his goldfoils in my Fidelity guitar.

They're the standard goldfoil size. 

I love it in the neck - woody, clear and very hifi. The bridge can be a little pokey, bordering on shrill maybe - I do play through a very immediate, bright amp though. I'm thinking of swapping it out for a over wound bladed mojo-tron.

They're definitely great pickups though. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ByoByo Frets: 2
    I have two of his goldfoils in my Fidelity guitar.

They're the standard goldfoil size. 

I love it in the neck - woody, clear and very hifi. The bridge can be a little pokey, bordering on shrill maybe - I do play through a very immediate, bright amp though. I'm thinking of swapping it out for a over wound bladed mojo-tron.

They're definitely great pickups though. 

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on the pups! The neck definitely sounds like it is in the territory I am looking for.

My build potentially could have 3 pups, with a Tele-style pup in the bridge for sure.

I am looking at having the Gold Foils in Mid and/or Neck position only.

On a separate note, Fidelity Guitars... I am really digging them lately, very tempted to get one of the Lite models in the near future.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom