Colour match - Dimarzio double cream HB

Looking for flat (top and bottom) cream/ivory pickup rings to colour match with Dimarzio double cream pickups.

I am sure other people have been on the same journey and may have some useful advice.

Anyone know where to buy them.

As far as I can see, Dimarzio don't do flat (top and bottom) rings.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15262
    It is possible, if tedious, to reshape angled/arched humbucker surrounds to be flat and parallel.

The colour match is the tricky part. Not even DiMarzio always gets it right. I have a Crunch Lab and PAF Pro in the same guitar. The cream bobbin in the latter is paler than the former.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2522
    Thanks for replying.  I did plenty of internet searching, but didn't turn up much.

Trying to colour match from photos on the internet is a fruitless task.

I don't fancy trying to reshape a shaped surround, so I think I will just have to live with it.

Double cream pickups sound good, though.

Still need to figure out how to fit the surrounds on the scratchplate.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15262
    Ddigger said:
    Still need to figure out how to fit the surrounds on the scratchplate.
    Depending on the host guitar, it might be simpler and cheaper to invest in a new scratchplate. 

Humbucker surround fastening screws could pass through the pickguard and be trying to bite into fresh air.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74475

Humbucker surround fastening screws could pass through the pickguard and be trying to bite into fresh air.
    It's best to drill only tiny holes in the pickguard so the screws bite into it.

Personally, I always think humbucker surrounds on a pickguard look like a horrible bodge, but if you're trying to make a Dave Murray-type Strat then you probably want them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein