Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

how many overdrives or distortion pedals should you have on your board?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11545
    I have an OCD clone as my main drive pedal.  I also have a TS type and a Fulltone Catalyst.

I tend to set the OCD for low to mid gain and boost it with the TS when necessary.  The Catalyst is so flexible I can use it for just about anything else - either by setting it low gain and stacking or just setting it high gain on it's own.  The eq controls on the Catalyst are great. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markslade07;337469" said:
    Just a Klon Klone and a TS for me....though quite fancy something else but not entirely sure what...hmmm
    Ts and a klon?
    I've been tempted with a klon but is there much difference between the two?
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11545
    They both have a mid hump but they are definitely different.  Personally I'd go for one of those and something with flatter mids.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3356
    Into a clean amp, I could get away with 2- a low gain and a medium gain BUT as long as I can stack them for a third sound. I currently use 3, a low gain, medium gain and higher gain ( Catalinbread Formla 5FS, Keeley TS808 & Fulltone OCD) along with an Xotic EP Boost and they all stack well with each other.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 621
    I've gone from four to two- I was using Tech 21 Double drive, Hardwire CM-2, Rat and green russian muff. Now down to a T-REX Moller and an Xotic SL. The built in boost on the Moller is very handy.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    The correct answer is, "just one more, just the one". 

My philosopy exactly, currently at 17.......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    I have 6 and a clean boost. One of those isn't seeing much action and might get swapped out when the latest acquisition arrives. I have a few spares sitting waiting for their opportunity to shine but they might get moved on. Playing covers needs a variety of flavours to do the songs justice (well in my head anyway, I doubt anyone listening would notice much). I very rarely stack OD's.

SOV2 > BB > Menatone TBIAC > Suhr Riot > Menatone WMB > Menatone Blue Collar > Xotic RC.