One of my fave guitarists is releasing 2 albums on the same day!

axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
It's very rare for any artist to release two albums at the same time!

Guitar virtuoso Eric Johnson has announced not one but two new albums, The Book of Making and Yesterday Meets Today, which will both arrive in their entirety on July 29.

The Book of Making’s Soundtrack Life is classically Johnson, jam-packed with gorgeously assembled gain-dipped lead lines that traverse the fretboard via a blend of heavenly bends and sophisticated scale runs that carry a whiff of Cliffs of Dover.

Yesterday Meets Today, boasts a similar bounty of guitar goodness, though adopts a distinctly more blues-leaning direction that Johnson exploits for a boatload of ever-exquisite six-string musings. He also takes the opportunity to flex his vocals, too.

Very exciting news for me!

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/eric-johnson-the-book-of-making-yesterday-meets-today?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_content=guitarist&utm_medium=social

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25111
    I didn't realise you were a fan!

Largely thanks to Guitar Player magazine, I followed his early solo career but lost interest in the late '90s - I was disappointed with Venus Isle after it took him six years to record it (which doesn't seem exceptionally long by today's standards).  I had no idea he had new stuff coming out.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    Philly_Q said:
    I didn't realise you were a fan!

Largely thanks to Guitar Player magazine, I followed his early solo career but lost interest in the late '90s - I was disappointed with Venus Isle after it took him six years to record it (which doesn't seem exceptionally long by today's standards).  I had no idea he had new stuff coming out.
    Yeah, I got on board with the first album. I don't recall where I found out about him - too long ago! 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7716
    Sure the albums will be decent, but he's completely lost it live in my opinion. I saw him a few years ago and it was so sloppy, and YouTube videos since haven't convinced me it was an off night for him.