The Doctor Who thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I don't have a problem with a female choice. But she's going to need to be a lot less bloody miserable than she has been in every role to date.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    I was going to reply with 'in before men's movement dudes lose their shit'. :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    I was hoping Arnold Schwarzenegger was gonna get it..

"I'm da doktor you foooool"....!

Nah, be interesting to see how she gets on with the role, wish her the best of luck.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Joddie Whitaker it is then. 
    Never heard of him.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
     The legacy of Moffat, he had many shite ideas, but the dumbest of all was sex change time lords. Thank you Moffat for that big f*ck up. Having said that, I'm not bothered that much, I just think You shouldn't toy around with a 50 year old classic program in that way. It's like he bought the most famous Les Paul guitar then routed it for a Floyd Rose. At the end of the day give me intelligent and consistent scripts and I will be happy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27081
    octatonic said:
    Looking around Facebook, it seems the people who are really pissed off are mostly women...
    <space for hire>
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    octatonic said:
    Looking around Facebook, it seems the people who are really pissed off are mostly women...
    Twitter is pretty funny at the moment.
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Next James Bond should be a woman too. Been a man for too long now. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Next James Bond should be a woman too. Been a man for too long now. 
    I'm waiting for a bloke playing Miss Marple. Should be a hoot.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 667
    Political correctness wins. Pffft. 
    Yep. Fitting then that it should be announced during Wimbledon were women get the same prize money for less work. There, I said it.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2627
    edited July 2017 tFB Trader

I liked her in Attack the Block... Not seen her in anything else... 

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Mrs A is not amused. She was expecting male totty this time after aged Capaldi. 
    edited July 2017
    axisus said:
    My wife's utterly incensed. I'm just annoyed, but she's got a proper rage on.
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2627
    edited July 2017 tFB Trader
    axisus said:

Ahh.. But surely this means a new young male companion..  Unless Bill comes back where we may get to see some hot woman on woman action  :P

Ha.. Doctor Who goes all Game of Thrones...

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited July 2017
    That's me out .. the programme has been going downhill for years but this is PC gone bonkers. I await a remake of Jane Eyre with a black Jamaican man in the lead role, or Queen Victoria played by the Rock.

I guess the assistant will be a weak male who screams and bursts into tears when the Daleks turn up. The BBC had two great opportunities for Who spin-offs fronted by women ... ratings will plummet, especially in places like the USA.

The BBC should stop tinkering with existing formats and write some new material to give women and ethnic minorities meaty roles instead of what amounts to tokenism.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017
    Fretwired said:

The BBC should stop tinkering with existing formates and write some new material to give women and ethnic minorities meaty roles instead of what amounts to tokenism.
    This does feel a bit like a publicity stunt, but more importantly it's a great way to stop negative reviews. Nobody will be able to criticise the series now, for fear of being branded sexist - similar to the Wonder Woman film. The truth is that it's pretty shit - terrible dialogue, a ridiculous story and CGI that looks more appropriate for 15 years ago, so pretty much par for the course with DC films - but there's nary a bad review out there.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5595
    I'm looking forward to the Sonic Straighteners. 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    octatonic said:
    and Drew.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8120
    It's about time.  Dr Who needs a freshen up!  I've wanted a female Dr since The Dr's Daughter!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom