Only one coil working of new Suhr Humbucker,probably me at fault..

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• KevSKevS Frets: 628
    mrkb said:
    So the two coils are working ok- black/white is the north coil, and green/red is the south coil (according to the diagram you posted). So the pick-up isn’t broken. So seem it was either the solder between north and south coils was not working (the white to red wire) or the ground (green) or hit (black) wires to the rest of the circuit were nor working. Did you replace any other components or the wiring method when you changed the pick-up? What wiring diagram we’re you following?
    OK I done the Seymour Duncan Diagram..

This time I done it Successfully,,last time I didn't....
    I did score and sand the back of the volume pot quite well,,but the green / bare wires had trouble staying on the pot at first..
    I usually rough up the pot a bit then get a nice blob of solder on there to start things..
    Then I solder the wires into the blob..
    Making sure everything is silvery..
    Give it a minute..
    Then give the wires a tug to make sure they are on there..
    First time they came off..
    Second time on really firmly..

The Red and White were attached well but there just wasn't much wire there soldered together first time..
    I was trying to be too neat I think..

Anyway thanks to you I found out the pickup was OK and knew it was worth it to try again and now I have it working..
    Thank you so much for your help..Also that is some stress removed at least this pickup works...
    I don't have to send it back..

I am not sure what to do with The Pearly Gates I knackered next..
    I have done enough work for today though..

I gave a couple of sharpish bits on the single ply scratchplate a little sand and a sharpish niggly screw near my picking area a sand too...I have it calming down after it's surgery..   :)

Again thank you so much...I can even verify I have knackered the Pearly Gates at least.,,
    I will directly know if it's the pickup..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom