gigrig power supply system

allicioallicio Frets: 221
Just been looking at the gigrig power supply system. Just wondering if anybody else is using it? Is there a difference between there generator and something like the visual sound one spot?
Ive got a one spot already and was just wondering if it would work with one of there distributes and isolators?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    I used a distributor with a diago powerstation for a while and with no issue, in fact it worked a treat. Can't see an issue using it with a one spot.
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    I use the generator and various adapters on my main board and b board but use a one spot and distributors on my mini boards. Works fine. The advantage you get with the generator is the added power handling. 5000ma can power a lot. If you have a lot of eventide, strymon etc then the adapters can bump the price up a lot but it's worth it. You can go anywhere in the world and power your board with a single iec cable. Brilliant. And it's quiet.
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    dindude said:
    I used a distributor with a diago powerstation for a while and with no issue, in fact it worked a treat. Can't see an issue using it with a one spot.
    I purchased this exact setup off @dindude - brilliant.  I have since added lots more adapters etc.  It's not cheap, but bits do appear second hand occasionally.  I keep meaning to upgrade to the generator, as it has more current, but have not found any bargains on ebay!  

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Cheers chaps! Just ordered a distributer, isolator and a timelord thingy, thanks again
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    I'm always looking on eBay for GigRig power bits and bobs. I have two Generators and a distributor, a couple of my own homemade distributors, a couple of Eventide adaptors one of which has been adapted to power a TC Nova Reverb. 

The difference with other supplies is that others do have a limit to the power output per socket, whereas the GigRig stuff, you can keep adding new pedals without worrying if you've enough power, just keep daisy chaining distributors. I do need an isolator as I have an EHX B9 which is noisy. Just haven't got around to ordering one yet.
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Cheers c, looked on eBay but didn't see anything second hand. Will certainly keep an eye out though!