New Wood Day

RabsRabs Frets: 2648
I popped in to the workshop I used to work in today to say hello and ended up buying some wood  :) The second I saw it I knew I had too even though I still have three guitars to finish already.

I started them last summer some time (there is a thread about it somewhere) but have been having some really bad issues with my hands (RSI and or tendonitis and arthritis to a degree) so have taken some time out from woodwork. Which is really upsetting for someone who works with their hands and plays the guitar.. One of the last times I went to play, I tried to make barre chord and almost couldn't it was so painful.

Anyway... It is what it is...  BUT I really want to get back in to building some guitars.. Just personal stuff  I will do slowly as I think my business is done as I cant do this full time even if I wanted to any more :(  But am having trouble motivating myself. So doing this is kind of a way to try an push myself back in to it.

But check this wood out..  45mm thick spalted and slightly pippy London Plane.. Wil make a nice solid body DC...

Through the thicknesser it goes

AND LOOK AT THAT  :O 

Even the side grain is lovely

So yeah.. Watch this space and hopefully I will get in to it soon  :) 
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments