SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Gibson Lucille

marczwetslootmarczwetsloot Frets: 46
edited April 2022 in Guitars £
The time has come. 

I’ve been eyeing up buying a Lucille for nearly a decade, and never got round to it, but now is the time. 

Ideally a 90s Lucille in Ebony, super extra points for a 1990 (birth year.

Anyone selling? I’m aware of all listed on eBay/Reverb/etc etc. 

cheers! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Hi Marc

Hope you're well. I can't shed any light on available Lucilles, but I did sell one to a collector near me last year, and I can message him to see if he wants to sell. It's not a 1990 though - it's around 2008 from memory, although I'm sure I can check that. Anyway, happy  to do that if you like.

The asking prices have shot up (like most other things) but I do love a Lucille. I've never really been able to do one justice and they're heavy beasts (my two were 10-10.5lbs), but they're so smooth and iconic. Very much like myself.

Let me know if you'd like me to ask and I'll be happy to.

Hope you're still enjoying the Fano RB6. Lovely guitar.
    Call me Dave.
  • Hello @DB1 ;

hope you’re keeping well? 

That’d be great if you could? I missed my opportunity of buying well priced Lucille’s pre-covid, but it is what it is! 

The Fano is very much still in one of my top guitar spots, it’s such an incredible guitar! 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Good to hear it. It's a fabulous guitar. I'll certainly ask for you and I'll message you when I get a reply. It might be a few days, as he's not the quickest at replying.
    Call me Dave.
  • Any help is always appreciated! 

With any hope, a lovely 90’s one will pop up, or the stars will align and a 1990 one *fingers crossed*. 

Cheers! 
  • dombennisondombennison Frets: 128
    My good mate @Thediamond has a 1997 Lucille for sale at the minute but is struggling to login. I’m at work at the moment but he’s sent me pictures etc to forward on if you want to drop me a message. Cheers!