Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited

What's Hot
PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1591
Went to see Steve Hackett last night and it was an incredible show (if you like Genesis or prog).  They covered Seconds Out and Selling England by the Pound.  All the band played really well and the singer sounds amazingly like Peter Gabriel, but Steve's guitar playing was great.  He nails everything and plays with a really nice touch and tone.

If you get chance, go see them.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15278
    There is a Genesis Revisited album, featuring orchestra and guest star vocalists. (Notably, the late John Wetton singing Firth Of Fifth as if born to it.)

Hackett, Wetton and Bruford would have been the nucleus of a formidable band. 
    Not sure who would have suited them on keyboards? Nick Magnus, Julian Colbeck, Tony Hymas.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • slugeliseslugelise Frets: 117
    PhilKing said:
    Went to see Steve Hackett last night and it was an incredible show (if you like Genesis or prog).  They covered Seconds Out and Selling England by the Pound.  All the band played really well and the singer sounds amazingly like Peter Gabriel, but Steve's guitar playing was great.  He nails everything and plays with a really nice touch and tone.

If you get chance, go see them.
    Steve Hackett was the first guitarist I got into, the 80s were a bit patchy but he's pretty awesome these days, doing genesis better than genesis.

Finally got a proper r7, there really was no other choice for me.
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    edited April 2022
    Love Steve Hackett. A bit of a weird aside. I was going through a split with my wife when friends of ours invited us to a private SH gig in Sheffield where his brother was a master at a public school ( parents in attendance putting funds in the kitty, our friend being a fellow head of staff there ) Got to sit and chat with him later over good wine etc. In retrospective, a very strange night, when regardless of the company I wanted to be anywhere but there. Steve was charming and good company. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5119
    I went to a Genesis Revisited gig some years ago and it was really good.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    I LOVE Steve Hackett and I LOVE the Genesis Revisited stuff. A million times better than a Genesis gig and a fraction of the price. I'll be seeing this tour later in the year.

A gig highlight for me in my life was seeing Steve play my fave ever album (Selling England by the pound) in it's entirety. Pure magic. 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25111
    edited April 2022
    I've got a friend who looks a lot like Steve Hackett, albeit with a bit less hair nowadays (and I think SH indulges in a bit of the old Just For Men, which my friend doesn't).  He also owns a goldtop Les Paul, as it happens.  Every time I see a picture of Hackett I think oh, there's Pete again....