Itchy pedal feet

What's Hot
TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1849
I've been gigging with a hand wired Mad Professor Little Green Wonder for a good while now. Over a year in fact which for me is like 100 normal years in pedal terms. I did sell it but then bought it back again sharpish

But inevitably I'm getting itchy feet. The last few gigs didn't really float my boat sound wise and I'm starting find it a bit shrill if I'm honest.

I want a big warm fat fuzz overdrive sound that sounds ace with a strat or jazzmaster into a clean fender amp.

I'm wondering about going back to my last long term squeeze, a box or rock

Why do we do this - why is a pedal that I've loved for ages suddenly not cutting the mustard?!!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17941
    tFB Trader
    Fuzz OD?

You want a Keeley Fuzz head!

I just so happen to be selling one :)
  • Fuck off?

Really?'n
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

And people think I'm nuts for keeping hold/acquiring more dirt pedals.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

tFB Trader
    It's all true

It's an OD that gets more fuzzy as you crank it.

Mine is the old Red version a bit bashed but boxed. 

£60 to your door?
  • You never miss a sales opportunity do you !!

Let me check it out
    tFB Trader
    You never miss a sales opportunity do you !!

Let me check it out
    Nope!

You know as a fellow fiend you gots to flip stuff where you can!
  • For a great od into fuzz check out the moonphase moondriver
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    Warm fat fuzzy overdrive? Not cheap but sticking with Mad Professor the Amber Overdrive is superb. This thing has zero hype or profile, so putting down 200 notes on one was a big leap of faith for me but it's a corker.

Fast forward to 2:30 in the below and you can here mine. I also run a LGW which is earlier in the vid if you want a direct comparison.

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Very nice that Amber sounds sweet. Has anyone got a Mad Professor pedalboard? I have a mighty red and a Sky Blue which have a great flavour.
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    how about a RAT (not selling one)
  • I've been gigging with a hand wired Mad Professor Little Green Wonder for a good while now. Over a year in fact which for me is like 100 normal years in pedal terms. I did sell it but then bought it back again sharpish

But inevitably I'm getting itchy feet. The last few gigs didn't really float my boat sound wise and I'm starting find it a bit shrill if I'm honest.

I want a big warm fat fuzz overdrive sound that sounds ace with a strat or jazzmaster into a clean fender amp.

I'm wondering about going back to my last long term squeeze, a box or rock

Why do we do this - why is a pedal that I've loved for ages suddenly not cutting the mustard?!!!
    Both my recommendations would be a Fuzz factory or a Swollen pickle. Not quite an overdrive with a bit of fuzz, more outright fuzz but both can be made more distortion like. 

Sounds like you use the same stuff as me (Fender amp and a Jazzmaster) The fuzz factory on my setup is glorious. Fatter than vanessa feltz locked in a cake shop
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • All those in favour of renaming pedal GAS "IPF" or "IPFS" - Itchy Pedal Feet/Itchy Pedal Feet Syndrome... say I! 

I! 

:P 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • @dindude That's a really nice run through of your board. Like it a lot.
  • When someone says fuzzy overdrive, I think of the red llama.