SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gibson ES-135, 2005, BK P90's, HSC - SOLD

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Impending house renovation forces bump, so to speak. Mrs DB1 has threatened to go out on the streets to raise money, and I'm not that the bank accepts sixpences any more.

Edit: I didn't hear correctly.  I'm to go out on the streets. Not sure I'm set up to do refunds, but I'll have a go.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3111
    AlexO said:
    If I bought this …

Had it sprayed gold, put a Bigsby, new knobs and a ES295 picks guard and cream pup covers on it 

Do you think it would take away my 295 itch
    I'm sat here thinking the very same thing (but not a Bigsby)!
    edited July 2022
    I wouldn't have said so really. It's got a lovely 50's type jazz/blues vibe going, but being a slimmer body than the ES-295 (and with a centre block) won't have the thump of the 295.

It's as smooth as silk to play and really does play beautifully. Every time I pick it up, I think that it should be a keeper, but I'm trying to get to a Gretsch, an ES-350/175, and maybe an ES-225 plus an acoustic.

Mind  you, this ES-135 should really fit into the plan, but I do like my hollow guitars.
    Call me Dave.
    edited July 2022
    A little shove for this baby. I had an offer on eBay for £1250, but I'm not keen on offers with no communication first, especially from a long way away when it's marked as 'collection'. I'm a strange little chap really.
    Call me Dave.
    Now sold, thanks. Fabulous guitar. 
    Call me Dave.
    edited August 2022
    OK, it isn't sold.

Long story cut short - a forum chum bought a more expensive guitar from me a few weeks ago and tried this at the same time. He was absolutely knocked out by it (memo to self: never assault Fretboard chums with your guitar) and had to have this one as well.

I enquired a few days later as to how he was getting on with them and he replied that the expensive guitar was fantastic, so much so that this one hadn't really been played. Sensing that it might have been a purchase too far, I offered to take it back again and reverse the deal. We know each other well and I wouldn't have been happy if he had taken on a guitar too many. Well, that's the sort of chap I am. Disturbed, but kind. Or kind of disturbed.

This was a few weeks ago. Anyway, it's such a nice guitar to play that I'd been thinking about putting a CC pickup in there and releasing my inner Charlie Christian. Or, considering the way I play, Charlie Cairoli. But, as usual, I haven't done anything about it.

I was surprised to see these selling at around £1700-£1800, albeit with HB's, I think, but I thought I'd offer this again on the forum at £1199. It's just in the process of being set up my local tech, Mr Norton ('here's DB1, I'll add a nought on') just to make sure that everything's spot on. I'll also list it on eBay again at about £1500 but for forum chums, £1199.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I'd best bump this as well, I suppose. It's gathering a fair few watchers (yeah, I know) on eBay at £1599, and I think that this is an ultra cheap price at £1199 for the forum, so if anyone fancies this, just let me know.
    Call me Dave.
    edited August 2022
    Now sold - I was surprised that there wasn't more interest here as £1199 is a really low price. It went via Facebook for £300 more which is still a more than reasonable price IMO. Always nice to sell on here when possible though. :-(
    Call me Dave.
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2762
    DB1 said:
    Now sold - I was surprised that there wasn't more interest here as £1199 is a really low price. It went via Facebook for £300 more which is still a more than reasonable price IMO. Always nice to sell on here when possible though. :-(
    Nicely done, Dave. A red p90 one recently went on eBay for £1800, a very fair price on your end here. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    Close to pointless trying to sell stuff on here at the moment. £1,199 was a steal (as evidenced by the sale price of £1,499).

It's like Yorkshire here. But even tighter.

Rumour has it that if the average Fretboarder drops a quid, it'll hit him on the BACK of the head as he bends down to pick it up...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Hattigol said:

It's like Yorkshire here. 
    That wins a prize. Surely 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2022
    DB1 said:
    Nicely done, Dave. A red p90 one recently went on eBay for £1800, a very fair price on your end here. 

You know this guitar of course Fred - it's a lovely one. I bought if from here and wanted to return it at the same sort of price - actually, less than it cost me after a set up and a little work on the seating of the bridge pickup. IMO it's only right that it goes back into the forum at a similar price, even if it's way under market value. 

I think it's reasonable to offer it elsewhere at a fair market value if there's no interest on here though, so it worked out well in the end and the lad that bought it was a really nice chap and appreciated that it was still at a good price.

I wouldn't say that it's like Yorkshire though. That's harsh.  :)
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom